+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 4 negatives but no period! Need advice!

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can offer any advice. I've missed my period for nearly 3 weeks now and have done 4 hpt test which were all negatives. There's no sign of my period but I did experience some spotting a few days before my period is due. I initially thought it was period but did think it was odd as I didn't get my usual pms symptoms. I'm now experiencing light cramps and slight tenderness in my breasts. So my question is: is it possible for me to be pregnant even though I have 4 negatives hpt?? I've heard and read that hpt are pretty accurate these days.

Thanks ladies

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would advise you see your doctor and get some blood tests done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks!

I guess I could just see my regular GP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there
    you could be me! I have NEVER had a positive hpt! I have a 3 year old and am currently 30 weeks pregnant with number 2.
    I got a blood test from my GP which confirmed pregnancies and had a dating scan for both...turned out I was about 9 weeks with my first and 7 weeks with my second. With both I thought I had a light period...turns out thats an implatation bleed.
    Even after seeing the heartbeat on the screen, I bought another pregnancy test and still showed negative.
    No idea why - but from my experience - being late when usually regular / tender breasts = pregnant! AND by about the 9-10 weeks apparently your uterus has grown from the size of a plum to a grapefruit so its normal to experience growing type cramps. I also had a light bleed at 10 weeks with both and Dr said its prob due to growth of uterus.
    Congrats if thats what you were hoping for x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:

maymaisy  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, just go to your usual GP. AF was nearly 2 weeks late for me when I was TTC and I had plenty of symptoms but heaps of BFN's. I went to the GP & got bloods that showed I had ovulated and then a couple of days later AF arrived. Turns out I wasn't pregnant I just ovulated really late for some reason (I could work out when I ovulated when AF arrived & I counted back).

So, I would definitely go the GP. You've been amazingly patient to have waited 3 weeks already!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

maymaisy  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Karen2010: Thank you so much for that! I've been reading elsewhere it seems pretty common for women to get negative hpt and still be pregnant. Wonder why that is. It's incredibly frustrating! Also with the cramps, occasionally I would feel as though I'm menstruating and half-expect to see blood when I go to the bathroom. I wonder if thats something you experienced too?

Btw I've made an appointment at my GP for tomorrow morning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha!! Yep. I was sure I was going to give myself chaffing I was going to the loo and wiping so often expecting to see red!
    I've got no idea if I ovulate early or late but always had a 28-30 day cycle.
    Good luck tmw!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh good luck tomorrow!
    would love to hear an update!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, quick update:

I didn't end up going for a blood test this morning. My period came early this morning so i guess that means I'm not pregnant after all. I'm absolutely devastated

Thanks for your advise and well wishes though

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you poor thing, sorry to get your hopes up ;o(
    have a great Christmas and can try again next month perhaps x