+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default The speedy vbac of Hazel Mary

Ever since DS's 'failure to progress' almost 3 years ago, ending in emergency c-section, I have been itching to try again. The attending Ob had told me that there was 'absolutely no reason' why i couldn't vbac next time- I'd fully dilated with nothing but some gas, and had been trying not to push for 3 hours as DS had not decended (to begin with- he then came down in a hurry and got stuck in my pelvis) but the Ob's words always stuck with me,and i was dying to see what the rest of labour would be like.

Friday morning, on 1/12/12, I woke at 5 with what were clearly contractions. I managed to go back to sleep, but woke at 7 and they were still going. 'Brilliant' I thought 'just like DS's birth, she should be here by midnight!'
    I pottered around the house doing my regular Saturday housework, then got DP to take DS out for the morning so i could concentrate on what was going on. Went and lay in bed for about 45 minutes and they stop completely. Get up and bang, there they are with a vengeance. Sat on my fitball for a while watching tv and they slowly disappear again. At 3 I decide to go for a little walk just to see what would happen. Contractions became a bit more regular again and i came home and read in bed for a couple more hours. They weren't getting any closer together than 10 minutes. Had dinner, watched some telly, hopped in the bath... All the while, around every 10 minutes. I was in for a long night. I took a couple of panedeine and hopped into bed, hoping I could at least get some rest.
    15 minutes later at 10.45 pop! my waters break. DP had just come to bed and was up again like a flash. All of a sudden it was on like Donkey Kong, waves of contractions on top of each other, 1-2 minutes apart at the most. DP called my mum to watch DS, and thankfully she's only 10 minutes away so she was at our place quicksmart. Also lucky that we only live about 500m from the hospital. In we go with me half thinking 'dammit, there goes my vbac I'm probably only 3cm or something but I just can't handle this pain on my own'
    Midwife takes me into triage, checks my cervix and tells me 'you're 9cm, let's go' and bolts for the lifts, leaving me behind to get my undies on and having contractions all the while. Somehow I managed to high five DP on the way I felt like such a champion!
    We get into the birthing suite and meet my midwife, Sophie. What a great midwife! She reminds me I'm going to need monitoring, so i ask her to bring it closer to the wall I'm leaning against. As she hooks me up I brace my arms and push against the wall and I YEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! I yell and yell and yell, making the loudest, most musical and amazingly powerful sounds I can drag out of my body. It felt incredible! Within 20 minutes I was already tired of this, so Sophie suggested she put a mat down so i could kneel on the floor and lean against the bed. Perfect. One more contraction and I was ready to push!
    That part was noooot fun. I only had to push for 18 minutes, but i felt I was losing control very quickly and asked for gas 'i can't do it I can't do it' I kept whimpering. Sophie and DP coached me through. They celebrated when the head came through, but all I could think was 'oh sh*t now I REALLY have to go through this!' And I really did. A few more pushes and she was out, less than an hour after arriving at the hospital. I felt her drop into Sophie's hands and she told me to look down and there she was- my darling girl Hazel Mary, born 12.20am on Saturday 2/12/12.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (03-12-2012),Chew the Mintie  (03-12-2012),darla87  (03-12-2012),mim1  (03-12-2012),MsMummy  (03-12-2012),Nic86  (03-12-2012),smallpotatoes  (04-01-2013),Stiflers Mom  (04-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Congratulations and well done.
    Enjoy your newborn cuddles.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Congrats

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: The speedy vbac of Hazel Mary

Congrats! Love her name

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: The speedy vbac of Hazel Mary

Congratulations

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Congrats!!! Adore her name!

Thanks
    Reviews

Congratulations!! An inspiring vbac story enjoy your little Hazel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations! what a fantastic birth story, and a lovely name.

I was thinking the other day that you must be due to have your baby soon.

Hopefully you're enjoying your first few days with your baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Wow! Congrats!! Well done!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay! Massive congrats FL! Love her name