+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Who wants to be my friend?

I'm 33. New to Brisbane... I live in the Paddington area but love exploring all of Brisbane. I have a 3 and a half year old DS and a 2 year old DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I am new to Brisbane too
    my son who is 4 and I live in paddington as well x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Moving to Brisbane

Hi!
    We are moving to Brisbane in late Dec and have a little boy who will be 4 in January. We are planning on living in the Paddington/Red Hill area and that's where my boy will go to kindy too (Mon/Tue and alt Weds). I'm very excited about meeting other mums in the area and joining maybe a playgroup? Any suggestions? I met a lot of wonderful friends here in NZ that way and will be sad to to leave them behind. I hope I am as lucky in Brisbane as I have been here.
    Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi.
    your little boy is smack bang in the middle of both of my kids age wise. My son is 4 and a half and my daughter 3 and a half. I haven't been to any mothers groups myself yet but open to finding one just haven't known where to look.
    love to have a play date if your ever up for one... Which kindy is your ds going to? Red hill, Paddington or Rosalie? Mine is starting rosalie next year cept its thurs, fri and alternating wed.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi

Wow, thanks for your quick reply. My son will go to C&K in Paddington. Shame it's on different days to your kids. Why is it that most kids seem to go to kindy later in the week - I have the impression Thurs-Fri are more popular? Or is that just in my head?

We would love a playdate with you! Definitely keen to meet up and get to know you guys. Maybe at a nice shady park somewhere, I'm sure you know lots of nice places in the area. We arrive late Dec, so perhaps if you are around in January we could set something up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were actually a bit late in enrolling so it was only Thursday and fri that was left, we would have preferred the start of the week. We are at Rosalie c & k which is pretty close by.
    A play date sounds great! There are some really beautiful parks in brisbane.
    Just drop me a pm when your over here and we can swap email addresses or fb accounts and set a meet up.

Good luck with the move! Hope it's not too stressful over the Xmas and new year period Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im not in your area but just wanted to say, I didnt have my children enrolled on child care Mondays cos that was when the majority of public holidays was. So I had to pay anyway and my kids didn't get to go. That was in mackay though im not sure if the same applies in brissy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miados2007 View Post
    Im not in your area but just wanted to say, I didnt have my children enrolled on child care Mondays cos that was when the majority of public holidays was. So I had to pay anyway and my kids didn't get to go. That was in mackay though im not sure if the same applies in brissy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    good point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rita
    That sounds really great. I'll make sure I get in touch closer to the time.
    See you next year!
    J

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi my name is amy I live on the bayside near wellington point I am 28
    I have a 4,2 and 5 month old any of you ladies want to meet up for coffee and let kids play let me know