+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Safe Exercises?

Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone can reccomend safe exercises to do in the first trimester?

I'm only about 5 weeks. I have a slightly slow thyroid (not enough to medicate). So need to do at least 40 mins exercise 3 times per week. I've been doing a 30 min workout every morning for a few months, but alot of that involves crunches, planks, jumping jacks etc.

I've stopped doing them for now, but wondering what else I can do?

It's not always possible for me to go for walks due to my working hours(leave before sunrise, home after sunset)...and the yoga places won't let you come till after 12 weeks...

Thanks everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in a similar situation! I too am at 5 (and a half) weeks and want to get into regular walking, to make up for not being able to do more strenuous exercise. However, my hubby doesn't want me to walk alone (too dangerous) and he gets home way too late to come with me. So, I can't always walk. What kind of classes or other types of physical activity do people recommend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Congratulations on your pregnancies! I am 12 weeks now but have found it really hard to work out what exercise you can do safely in pregnancy.

I have signed up for Preggi Bellies but they recommend you don't start til after 10 weeks.

I ordered Tracy Anderson's DVD 'The Pregnancy Project' and it just arrived. It's great! There are 9 workout DVDs for each month of pregnancy. I would recommend this as it's nice and gentle and you can just do it in your living room. Pay extra for express shipping though, mine took forever to arrive.