+ Reply to Thread
    SpecialPatrolGroup is online now T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Day 41 - I love....

....that because of Zumba, I can now do a full Zumba workout, have a drink of water, catch my breath and cool down and then go out and play frisbee and Ring-a-ring-a-rosie with my daughter. It is amazing how quickly I am able to recover, where once I would have exerted myself and then took to the couch to recover...with a bikkie .

oppotrotpppppp ppp <= That was my DD's contribution

I got a new pair of joggers yesterday and whilst comfy, they will take some getting used to. They are quite a lot bulkier that my other shoes and I have tripped myself up a bit today.

We all went to Southbank for a swim yesterday. It was nice to spend some family time outdoors, and to get DH away from his xbox for a while. DD and I also went to the playground in the afternoon (but we didn't walk there, we went to one further away- it has way better play equipment) and I finally got my Zumba in late last night. It was a big day.

Today we went to a party in a park this morning and then home for chores and then I managed to Zumba before dark -shocking - and as mentioned above, frisbee time.

I saw your challenge Goblin Queen. I checked my tape measure and compared to the results of the other girls, I am disappointed. I am loving the internal changes, the improved aerobic fitness, my stamina and recovery are all fantastic but other than that, nothing seems to be happening on the outside. My waist is about 6 or 7 centimeters smaller than when I started but I just feel that when I put my picture up at the end it will be no different to the one at the beginning.

....and then there is comments from my mother in law, like the other day I was at her place and we were having lunch and I must have got up 8 times before I managed to eat because DD wanted this or that, then she spilled her milk so I had to clean that up, blah blah blah, and mil said "It's a wonder you're not 7 stone, you're always running around everywhere". Grrrr, yes well I'm not 7 stone and thanks for pointing that out. Grrrrrr.

If only I knew my own personal recipe for weight loss. But that's like the holy grail isn't it.

*sigh* Oh well, on that positive note I will go drown my sorrows in a cup of caffeine free tea with no sugar and low fat milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Hun, 6 or 7 cms is huge and you should be proud.

It is the internal changes that we make the real difference long term. They are the changes that will continue to help us for the rest of our lives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Oh hun, 6 or 7cms is nothing to sneeze at. Even reading your post tonight the changes in your lifestyle have been amazing and you should be proud of that. My challenge wasn't intended to make you feel bad about yourself but to highlight how far you've come. In six weeks you've lost an average of 1cm a week off your waist and you can now run and play with your daughter, that's a beautiful thing!

SpecialPatrolGroup is online now T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no, of course you didn't do it to make anyone feel bad. I completely acknowledge that it is my issue and me feeling disappointed and frustrated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Please don't be disappointed, you have come so far. Stand Tall and be proud because you are a wonderful, strong, caring woman who has become a healthier and stronger and certainly a lot fitter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

I couldn't agree more with Jenny! I had two weeks in a row where pretty much nothing came off on either the scales or the tape measure and it was so frustrating. The key is to keep doing this, keep eating the right things and keep exercising. You might not know your magic weight loss recipe but if you keep doing what you're doing the weight will drop in time and as an added bonus you have this healthy and active lifestyle with your daughter.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (03-12-2012)