+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in a similar situation and we went through IVF to have our bubba.... It makes it that much harder when it's so sudden like this, and that you're pregnant and he takes off. Extremely difficult situation and I'm sorry he did this to you.

It's still very early days. What I found though is that I slowly started to get used to a new routine and gain my independence back. Now I don' miss him at all and don't have any interest in meeting someone new. I'm actually a much happier person than I was before. A new partner would be a major inconvenience to me and DS's life now!

I can't tell you how long it will take to chase away the loneliness birds, but I CAN tell you you will absolutely get there and will feel so much better then! These feelings are temporary, and lets face it, it can't get worse it can only get better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default When does the loneliness disappear??

Thanks ladies

I think I'm just anxious because of being pregnant too. If he had just left DS and I it would probably be faster to get used to. But the 'unknowns' of when bub2 arrives really scares me.

Thanks for all your support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you thought about joining a meetup group? Google meetup and see if there is a single parent group in your area. Or start your own. I joined one, best thing I ever did..

Thanks
    Reviews

Pesca I am in a very similar position. 31 weeks pregnant and have almost 3 yr old DS and hubby told me last week it's over. He is looking at rentals today and already told Centrelink. It's very raw for me and I really don't know how I will cope. I haven't told Ds yet but we have talked about mummies and daddies living apart to try and ease it for him. 2 months ago things were great but apparently he doesn't care anymore and doesnt love me. The emotions r also driving me nuts being pregnant and I know I can be irrational. This bub was also unplanned and I think it would be easier if I wasn't pregnant. At least then I could pay the mortgage on my own as i drop to half pay mat leave in 4 weeks time. I am sure it will get easier just can't see it through the haze at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by mumofsquirt View Post
    Pesca I am in a very similar position. 31 weeks pregnant and have almost 3 yr old DS and hubby told me last week it's over. He is looking at rentals today and already told Centrelink. It's very raw for me and I really don't know how I will cope. I haven't told Ds yet but we have talked about mummies and daddies living apart to try and ease it for him. 2 months ago things were great but apparently he doesn't care anymore and doesnt love me. The emotions r also driving me nuts being pregnant and I know I can be irrational. This bub was also unplanned and I think it would be easier if I wasn't pregnant. At least then I could pay the mortgage on my own as i drop to half pay mat leave in 4 weeks time. I am sure it will get easier just can't see it through the haze at the moment.
    I'm so sorry you are in this crappy situation too I think it makes so much worse when it comes from left field - I was never expecting DH to do this, we hasn't been fighting or anything. Shocked me to the core. I'm here if you ever want to chat, pm me.

The meetup sounds like a good idea PP - thanks. I've never heard of that before.

Thanks
    Reviews

I've never heard of it before either. Will have to check it out once things calm down

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi all!
    My husband left when I was 6 months pregnant. Took until my son was 2months old to stop crying and feeling lonely all the time. It still hurts, but not that deep all consuming hurt (thankfully!!) it definitely gets better once your baby is here and your hormones settle down and you can enjoy them!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hey Sunny did u say there was a Perth meet up group? I had a look but couldn't find it under Perth but not sure if I was looking in the right place. I am in Perth