+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Absolute quickest, low effort healthy recipes ideas

I don't have kids but I do a lot of salad or steamed veges and meat eg turkey steaks from woolies, chicken breast, etc. Minimal effort food! I'm also addicted to lasagne at the moment but its not healthy lol

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Last night I marinated some chicken tenderloins in (bought) honey mustard marinade. While they cooked, I popped some pumpkin and red onion in the oven to roast, and threw together a very simple salad of lettuce, red capsicum and lebanese cucumber. Threw everything together at the end and it was very tasty and easy!

I also have quick backups like

Homemade pizza- just whatever I have left over at the end of the week thrown onto pita bread with some cheese on top

Spag bol- sometimes I just CAN'T be bothered and use the bottle stuff- and it's very quick and tastes ok too.

Would your DH help with a BBQ? I always have barbie stuff ready in warmer weather because I know DP will cook it and I just have to do the salad!

I also did a bought packet of mexican rice that you heat in the microwave, cooked some frozen peas, poached a chicken breast in stock and diced it up and then mixed it all together with some cheese- that was a very easy meal too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Omelettes with veggies (use steam fresh veg of you can't be bothered with the chopping!), tomato and cheese. Served with toast

Or add sliced potato and make it a Spanish omelette.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Absolute quickest, low effort healthy recipes ideas

To contribute, these are what weve had lately ...

- broccoli soup and pumpkin soup (but too hot now) , usually makes enough for 2 meals and my toddlers love soup

- also do the whole meal pita bread pizzas Because its a big family even that can feel quite time consuming though

- meat & salad

- latest fave is tortillas in the sandwich press with frozen spinach and ricotta, or refried beans etc

- high level of desperation = scrambled eggs or baked beans

I think a lot of the aversion comes from mentally feeling like its a task, so simple simple things feel less draining

Someone mentioned the cherry tomatoes etc, think that's a good idea and I might just out out some carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes etc with some of these ideas so it feels healthier at minimum effort

Whenever my husband tries cooking, he makes it unhealthy - every healthy recipe by the time he's cooked it 3 times has been transformed into something full of saturated fat etc. really gross. And makes appalling splash mess up the walls etc

Thanks
    Reviews

These kinds of recipes are also good as my 14 yo can make them , she actually enjoys cooking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    On friday I couldn't be bothered and just bought a BBQ chicken and a salad with bread rolls.

I do strips of cucumber, capsicum, carrot, celery and snow peas and dip them into philladelphia cheese either for snacks or with dinner.

Tacos/buritos are our quick couldn't really be bothered meal. Either with the taco mince or BBQ chicken or snitzel pieces. (Could be done with the pre-made snitzels or tenderloins or something too) We use either the taco shells, buritos or mountain bread. Then the meat with a taco sauce and lettuce, tomato, cucumber, capsicum, sour cream and grated cheese.

eta: Just thought of another quick meal we do. Its just baked beans/spaghetti on toast but I fry up some onion and tomato and whatever else I feel like on a frypan with a spray of oil and add it to the heated up tin of baked beans/spaghetti and serve on toast.
    Last edited by Dannielle; 02-12-2012 at 16:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    These kinds of recipes are also good as my 14 yo can make them , she actually enjoys cooking!
    Oh, you could get your 14yo to cook almost anything! DD#1 came home from school last week with some really yummy mini quiches!

Thanks
    Reviews

Love tacos or tortillas like that

I have just made a deal with my 14 year old tht she will cook every night for pocket money (she currently doesn't get any) - she's now making an omelette with frozen spinach and mushroom

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (02-12-2012),LoveLivesHere  (02-12-2012),SassyMummy  (02-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dannielle View Post
    Oh, you could get your 14yo to cook almost anything! DD#1 came home from school last week with some really yummy mini quiches!
    Haha yes... And unlike with my husband I will be able to keep what she cooks healthy

I will get her to read this thread!

Thanks
    Reviews

Danielle does your dd do home economics at school?