+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Safam... oh, you're making me cry :-)) Yes, DH is so looking forward to being a daddy, and I think he came to terms with his sperm not being viable a long time ago. Me, I was always still hoping, but now excited for the road ahead. Well, still a few tears, but I'm an emotional person, with drugs in my system or not!!

AFM.... the scientist rang this morning to say only 1 out of our 2 eggs fertilised overnight, so that's a little disappointing, particularly since it was anonymous donor sperm. So now we will hope that this one emby is the magical one. The FS wanted to transfer it tomorrow (day 2), but I said no, I've had a day 2 and day 3 transfer before that didn't work, and this time I want to see how it grows to day 5. The next update now is on Thursday, which I'm sort of fine about, as it means that I can try to do some things in the next two days without thinking about it all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update now for Cycle #7.... Had EPU yesterday and got 2 mature eggs out of 4 collected, which was what we expected. The scientist rang this morning to say that both of my two little eggs fertilised overnight with the donor sperm - the scientist said that they look "good". I don't know if that means they look better than normal, or is "good" actually just "normal"?? Lol. Both DH and I are rather relieved that both fertilised, that was the best we could have hoped for at this stage. They won't check again now until Monday morning before the ET, which I don't mind as I can spend my energies on tiding up my home office and maybe wrapping Christmas presents - better do that!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you MCG Bertie! Love and hope for your Christmas miracle!
    Will you have both transferred?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to safam For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Safam.... well, turned up for transfer this morning and my FS had decided to do a double transfer for the first time. I was a bit surprised as he's always been against it for me, but a few factors weighed in to do it today. Firstly both day three embies were looking good - a 7ab and an 8ab, and he couldn't really say that one would fair better than the other. Secondly, as it is Xmas on day 5, they would have to freeze the second embie today at d3, and apparently d3 ones aren't as successful at thawing as d5 blastocyst ones. So a double transfer we did!

Have bought my Clexane and will start jabbing that tonight, along with pregyl tonight; days 3,6,9, and now up Prednisolone to 30. Will also go for a mid-way BT on Sat to check progesterone levels in case we need to adjust pessaries, so am happy with amount of follow-up. Preg BT not until 6 Jan, so just as well there's lots of Xmas activities between now and then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got the call - sort of expected - BFN. Nothing more really to say :-((

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhh MCG Bertie That's terrible.
    You're right, there's nothing to say. I see from your signature that you've already got a plan for next time though, good for you!
    Keep the faith and we are here for you. Big, big hugs.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to safam For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, it's officially a BFN again, as expected.

I got the nurse to also test my TSH level and it's gone down to 0.7. Sounds good (since the aim is to be between 1-2) but considering 5 weeks ago it was 5.4, then 3 weeks ago 12.4 and now 0.7, it definitely sounds like something that I need to get stabilised before doing an FET.

First available appointment for FS is in 3 weeks time, and first available appointment for Dr M is 5 weeks. I asked to go on both cancellation lists, as really don't want to wait for either that long. Thinking of sending them both emails, explaining what else I want tested, and what meds I'm thinking of doing next. Also going to make an appointment for my endocrinologist tomorrow, though usually he's months is advance too!

On a side note, this afternoon's nurse, mentioned that Prof I is now also prescribing Prednisolone for immune issues (along with aspirin and Clexane), so it's interesting that he's coming over to this belief.

Thanks
    Reviews
    WHat is tsh level, if you don't mind explaining it?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to safam For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Safam... TSH is a thyroid function test. When I first started IVF they were never fussed about the thyroid, even though I mentioned it to everyone. But in the past couple of months everyone is talking about how important it is, and that the TSH level should be between 1-2 for implantation (even though normal TSH is 1-4).

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you going now? Thinking of you!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app