+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Uterine Fibroids

We are TTC and recently had a HyCoSy test to check the uterus and tubes etc. I knew I had fibroids, but the doctor performing the test said that it looks like there is a fibroid in the uterus, which is about 80% inside the uterus and may be the cause of us having miscarriages. She said that it should be an easy procedure where they just scrape the fibroid back. I'm still waiting for my gyno to call back. I had the procedure Wed, left him messages Thurs & Fri and still waiting. I'm getting anxious about it. I'm hoping that it's an easy fix and a cheap fix too as we don't have private insurance and I haven't been working since my mc in Oct. I had to leave a horrible job as they weren't supportive and it was all too much. Any advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Maddyangel!

I have never had fibriods before but my mother in law just had some removed, so thats all I know about them, though I have had many gyno problems since i was 18 so I do know how scary it can be. Hubby and I are ttc as well and so far nothing.

But I just wanted to say good luck and try not to stress

hopefully you will have some news soon

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EKAVA For This Useful Post:

maddyangel  (02-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Uterine Fibroids

I have never heard of them being scraped back. I have one that they have been monitoring. As far as I know they don't get scraped back, but they can be removed. they can be the cause of miscarriage's but they are really very common and nothing to be scared of. Hopefully if they did remove it things will improve for you.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks ekava. I'm hoping it is the answer to our problems & that its an easy, cheap fix. Good luck ttc. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks DesperatelySeekingSleep... is yours in your uterus? Haveyou been able to conceive? I thought they were common and I wasn't really worried about mine until they said it was right in the uterus and could be the cause of our two previous miscarriages. I wish my gyno would just hurry up and call me back as I keep guessing everything and feel stuck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by maddyangel View Post
    Thanks DesperatelySeekingSleep... is yours in your uterus? Haveyou been able to conceive? I thought they were common and I wasn't really worried about mine until they said it was right in the uterus and could be the cause of our two previous miscarriages. I wish my gyno would just hurry up and call me back as I keep guessing everything and feel stuck.
    Mine is in the wall of my uterus. It was 5cm when I conceived and grew to 11cm during pregnancy. I also had a miscarriage before that pregnancy which was thought to be because of fibroid. With dd2's pregnancy things went relatively normal apart from some bleeding (fibroid related), a bit more aching around there and extra scans. Oh and I also went into preterm labour at 34 weeks. I have been told to remove mine it will be difficult because of the way it is shaped and located. If I have anymore kids the chances of ME going into preterm labour again are very high. But I stress that this is my case. All cases are different. Mine is not very common in the way it has grown. Fibroids can grow in all different ways. I'm guessing yours was on a stalk and the stalk was scraped off maybe. Mine is deeply embedded in the wall. If mine is removed I have to wait a year or so to conceive. But I have a friend who had hers removed in day surgery and if she wanted to she could conceive when she wants but she is going through menopause anyway and doesn't want anymore.

If you do go on to conceive the fibroids will grow, but they will likely shrink after pregnancy.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Maddy,

I m TTY too and I have a intramural 3cm size fibroid. My GYN suggested surgery but fingers crossed, I am looking for other ways. Hope it just stays dormant. I was bleeding for two long years and struggling with symptoms. I just changed my diet, avoiding Soy.

As other ladies mentioned, Don't freak out. Fibs are the root cause of infertility and miscarriages. hope your doc should be able to help you out. Keep us posted.

I am worried too. Nevertheless, I don't want to go for laproscopy. Tomorrow, I have my scan just to check out the size.

Luv
    Pepper