+ Reply to Thread
    MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Unhappy Feeling Guilty....Exercise?

Is anyone else feeling guilty about not exercising as much andd being a lazy bones?

I feel awful, like sick to the stomach awful almost everyday for the last week. I hardly want to eat, I have to force myself!
    But I just don't want to do ANYTHING! I mean i used to walk everyday and am fit and healthy, but for the lst week or two I have done NO exercise!

And it is because I feel too nausious or I am tired and I just feel so GUILTY! Especially because they say you should keep exercising while pregnant, etc, but how can you when any movement makes you want to throw up!

Does anyone else feel like they should be exercising, etc and when you don't you feel bad??

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeling Guilty....Exercise?

yeeeees.
    but I'm coming out of the morning sickness stage so things should change ... hopefully. I definitely want to get back on my elliptical or at least go walking a few times a week. I feel so lazy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't feel bad! It's important to listen to your body and if you're feeling too tired and sick to exercise, just rest. Resting isn't bad for you.

I am 12 weeks now and have felt too sick and tired to exercise much but am starting to feel better now. I think it will be easier in the second trimester.

If you are feeling awful, maybe when you lie down in bed at night before bed just do a few Kegels exercises, then some stretches (calves, quads, back etc) to keep feeling limber. That's what I have been doing.

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zooey View Post
    yeeeees.
    but I'm coming out of the morning sickness stage so things should change ... hopefully. I definitely want to get back on my elliptical or at least go walking a few times a week. I feel so lazy
    How far along are you Zooey? I am dying to get out of this morning sickness! (allday sickness!) And want an idea of when I can expect it to end

Quote Originally Posted by MrsStewart View Post
    Don't feel bad! It's important to listen to your body and if you're feeling too tired and sick to exercise, just rest. Resting isn't bad for you.

I am 12 weeks now and have felt too sick and tired to exercise much but am starting to feel better now. I think it will be easier in the second trimester.

If you are feeling awful, maybe when you lie down in bed at night before bed just do a few Kegels exercises, then some stretches (calves, quads, back etc) to keep feeling limber. That's what I have been doing.
    Yay I can't wait for that! I wish I felt better now! That is true, I think taking advantage of sleeping now is probs a good idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to weight train 5 days a week and walk the dogs daily..... I was literally 5 weeks and that ALL stopped (poor dogs). I didn't get sick at all but was SO LETHARGIC, not tired as such just no energy. On advice from everyone I turned to I was told to listen to my body. I was still running my takeaway business 7 days a week. I sold that at 13 weeks, had 4 weeks break in which I walked daily for 20 mins then I took on a job at the local supermarket in the deli. Now I do 5-8 hours a day on my feet 3-5 days a week. That's all the exercise I need. I'll get back into it when bub has arrived.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Feeling Guilty....Exercise?

Me too, I was lucky enough not to get morning sickness but I just have no energy or motivation to do anything!

I used to go to gym classes 3 times a week, but that has since dwindled to once or not at all. And don't get me started on the guilt from having paid for these classes too!

I have to force myself to eat too. I just want cold food, but cold meat is out of the question, and I've got crohns so to much salad or fruit or vegies or dairy upset my stomach, so I'm really limited to what I can have, and what I can have I don't want!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeling Guilty....Exercise?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsHoward View Post
    How far along are you Zooey? I am dying to get out of this morning sickness! (allday sickness!) And want an idea of when I can expect it to end
    I'm 11w2d today and hallelujah I took my sea bands off yesterday and feel ok!!! for my other pregnancies it stopped around 11w and so far so good heaps tired still. but much better than feeling like I was on a boat for 6 weeks.