+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Online shopping destroys Christmas magic?

I just did ALL my Xmas shopping online. Whilst its incredibly handy it's not very magical , I kind of like the whole shopping and having a bite to eat and listening to the Xmas music in shops. Do you think we will just shop online in years to come ?

I have zero time this year to shop so I'm grateful we have online shopping but it's not Christmassy at all!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Online shopping destroys Christmas magic?

I've never found Christmas shopping particularly magical so I love doing it online. I love giving presents just not walking around the busy shopping centre. I don't buy anything on impulse either online so I'm saving money too.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluest Blue Box For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (02-12-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I prefer to do it online too tbh. Christmas shopping at Christmas time at the actual shops is stressful, particularly with kids in tow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find that getting a large chunk of present buying done online means that I can actually enjoy the in store shopping experience more, there's nothing worse than feeling the pressure of having sooo many things to get at once.

I'll never stop buying in store for some stuff and like you said OP I think it adds to the christmas feeling, especially taking the kids to do their shopping instore.... but I will never ever stop buying online early either.

Thanks
    Reviews

Shopping isn't really magical in any form.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

Amira  (02-12-2012),FluffyDucks  (02-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went to Westfields yesterday. Believe me there was no magic in that experiance.

Thanks
    Reviews

I am with you op! I love the feeling if Christmas and I am sure they have a scent that they put in the shops to make it 'smell' like Christmas. I love it!! This year it has been all mixed up, I have already got my plan for next year which involves not doing the toy sale hahaha! Yay for Christmas shopping!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I love online shopping because by the time the packages arrive, I've usually forgotten what I got for some people so it's like Christmas for me to open them! And just when I think all the packages have arrived, another one comes a few days later and surprises me! I loveeeee it!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (02-12-2012),HugsBunny  (02-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find shopping in my pj's watching tv pretty magical! Plus I find if I buy online gifts it's something a bit different that my friends/family love. Rather than something they could just walk ino the shops and buy themselves.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I love going to the shops and browsing (without kids)! I def agree when I shop online it looses that christmas magic.