+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeling a bit rejected...

10 months old DS is newly besotted with daddy, the last week or so. It's really special for DH to be so singled out. DS is happy to be with me, in my arms, but ultimately just wants to be back with daddy. He protests when daddy walks away, etc. I know this is a wonderful, healthy attachment...I just can't help feeling a bit rejected and like I've done something wrong

This is my first baby so I haven't been through this dynamic before. I'm guessing my sons's behaviour is completely normal. Any advice for me as a first time mum in this situation?

Thanks anyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hi Lissy! Don't worry what you are experiencing is completely normal. My DS1 went through stages like this all the time and I found it very confronting!!! Having always been a mummy's boy it was a real shock when it first happened. It lasted for around a month and then he swung back to me being the favourite. He would go through phases where daddy was the only one who could bath, dress him, give him a snack etc. and it was tough! I loved seeing their bond develop but it's hard not to feel on the outer.

Maybe turn it into an opportunity to have some 'me' time - go grab a coffee when daddy's home and let them have some time together! It won't be long and he will be back to wanting you. All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 1 year is the same, loves her daddy its normal. Heck my 6 year old went through the same thing and she has known him 2 years lol Daddy's are awesome, fun people and kids tend to favor them off and on then they favor mom.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks girls! That really does help. I kept telling myself not to be silly and to get over it, but hey I'm a very human parent! It's an emotional sting! Good advice on using it for a break. The logical/rational side of me has been saying "This is ideal! Take a break!"

It's just hard as a SAHM; this baby and his every need has been my life since January. Your replies have given me a big relief and helped me feel understood. THANK YOU SO MUCH.