+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sleepy wings weaning!

Morning!

DD is almost 7 months and sleeps with sleepy wings. She can roll onto her tummy with the wings but not the other way (whether she has them on or not). I'm not worried about her safety in them but its been really hot here lately and I suspect that her overnight wake ups are related to weather. I tried cold turkey the other night and she woke up after the first two sleep cycles crying and waving her hands about. Has anyone got any tips?

Thanks
    Reviews

Anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Subbing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I kept DD2 in sleepy wings till about 9mths then weaned off them by wrapping in a light wrap just over her arms but pretty loosely so she'd go to sleep with the wrap but it would cone off in her sleep

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

kw123  (02-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks but how do you wrap with arms up? Oh and she seems to go to sleep ok without them just wakes up upset

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used the sleeping bags that have zip up arms. That way you can take one out at a time. Letting out a different arm each bed time. My 6 month old is now sleeping with both arms out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    I used the sleeping bags that have zip up arms. That way you can take one out at a time. Letting out a different arm each bed time. My 6 month old is now sleeping with both arms out.
    I did this too - Once both arms were out you can transition to normal sleeping bags.

Thanks
    Reviews

I used a light cot sheet lengthways folded the top down about 2/3rds of the way then wrapped with arms up. I learnt how to wrap with arms up by following a picture on the karitane website.

I just modified it to only wrap her torso/arms and used a cot sheet seeing as she was too big for muslin wraps. And as i said wrap it loosely so she'll get out slowly till she is comfortable without it

Thanks
    Reviews

Ok will try wrapping maybe. Do you think I could try one arm out in the sleep suits without zips or would that be too uncomfortable for her? I'd like to avoid buying another one if I can. Thanks everyone

Thanks
    Reviews

I used the love to dream wrap me up with the arms that can zip off. I started her with one arm out just for her first sleep of the day and gradually progressed for the rest of her day naps before doing it overnight. Finally had to go cold turkey with both arms out when both her wraps ended up in the wash at the same time. No problems and we haven't looked back she now happily sleeps in a sleeping bag. The only other thing I'd suggest is a comforter blankee/toy thing so Bub has something to do with their hands.

Good luck