+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ds games for 2 1/2 year old?

My son is 2 will be 3 in march getting a ds for Christmas any suggestions on games he can handle?

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Ds games for 2 1/2 year old?

Urh, this is coming from a gamer so please don't think I'm judging, but personally I don't think there actually ARE any age appropriate games for children that young, simply because a DS requires (GENERALLY) more refined motor skills than a three year old would have.
    My three year old has a cheap PC that we built for him to play phonics and letter/number games on. He has enough motor skills to control a mouse.

I personally haven't seen any games that wouldn't either baffle or be too hard for most kids of that age to control a stylus to play.
    DS's pc cost about as much as a Ds and a couple of games and he loves playing his numbers games as he calls them lol.

Obviously every child is different, I'm just going on the research I've done myself.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Oh one thing that you could do instead is to get an iTouch (one of those Apple things).
    Kids that age tend to find using a finger easier and you can get some awesome age appropriate educational apps from the app store.
    Obviously you'd have to supervise during it's use but you'd have to do that with a ds as well as they have a glass screen as well .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

We got my son a leap pad for his 3rd bday and he only is just starting to get it. I think a ds is way out of the realm of his abilities

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh well his grandparents gave already got it for him so I will have to put it away until it is in his realm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My cousin has one and my son loved the Dora cooking game, he was able to play it from 2.5-3 yrs. You spin the stick around on the screen to Colour the pizza dough red with sauce and spin the pizza dough in the air.
    Im buying him one for this Christmas (the old ds, not 3d ) he will be 3.5. I also bought him the peppa pig game.

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow, I didnt realise they made the games for little kids... Better not tell dh!

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by singa06 View Post
    My cousin has one and my son loved the Dora cooking game, he was able to play it from 2.5-3 yrs. You spin the stick around on the screen to Colour the pizza dough red with sauce and spin the pizza dough in the air.
    Im buying him one for this Christmas (the old ds, not 3d ) he will be 3.5. I also bought him the peppa pig game.
    I second the peppa pig game, my DD is 5 but picked it up very easy I definitely think a 3 year old could play it! It has very simple pictured instructions so no reading required!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

There are a few games aimed at younger children.
    We have one somewhere and of course i can't remember the name but it focuses on colours, numbers, letters, shapes.
    There are also the sesame street games and a few others.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Urh, this is coming from a gamer so please don't think I'm judging, but personally I don't think there actually ARE any age appropriate games for children that young, simply because a DS requires (GENERALLY) more refined motor skills than a three year old would have.
    My three year old has a cheap PC that we built for him to play phonics and letter/number games on. He has enough motor skills to control a mouse.

I personally haven't seen any games that wouldn't either baffle or be too hard for most kids of that age to control a stylus to play.
    DS's pc cost about as much as a Ds and a couple of games and he loves playing his numbers games as he calls them lol.

Obviously every child is different, I'm just going on the research I've done myself.
    My son aged 2 got the ds for Christmas and already whizzes around it and understands it all no worries took him a day to figure it out with the right age appropriate games