+ Reply to Thread
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default My experience - placenta encapsulation

I just wanted to share my story, bub is 4weeks old tomorrow and I had a pretty rocky birth and PP.

I had a failed induction and c-sect with PPH and am now anemic with low blood pressure. I developed cellulitis and now have a wound infection.

Bub was moved to NICU for a week and is now being treated as an outpatient at RCH so it not always with me. He has medical complications which mean I have to feed EBM during the day (thankfully I can breastfed normally overnight).

Anyways, I have been taking placenta tablets twice a day since 5 day PP and am feeling GREAT. I had a few tears on day 4 and have had moments of feeling overwhelmed but all considered I feel very stable.

Hopefully at my 6wk check up my iron levels would have improved and my BP returned to normal.

For anyone considering placenta encapsulation/consumption I can't recommend it enough. Perhaps I would have been ok without it, but I am a walking advertisement of risk factors for PND and associated problems and have been doing really well.

The placenta is the most amazing thing ever!

ETA: as mentioned bub was in NICU and now requires ongoing treatment through RCH. He has been pulled from pillar to post and had soo many tests. It took until 3wk+1day for him to part with his cord which was alot longer then average - I think he wasn't ready to let go any earlier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey there. I was your client. Hehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And yep iron levels returned to normal at 6wks pp

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haha small world!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How is this done and what are he costs to have it done.. How do you notify the medical team that you want this done?