Closed Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanaynay View Post

FWIW, Subway would actually be a far easier choice to take the kids to, as they can pre-order from a very simple set of choices and then fax the order in the day before
    How is that easier than calling the Maccas and saying "we have a school trip tomorrow and will be there around this time and will need x-amount happy meals and x-amount healthy options meals"?
    I would guess that x-amount different sanwiches with different bread, fillings, sauces would be harder to make and hand out to the right children.
    Its chaos when a school tries to figure out on a sausage sizzle day who ordered sauce and onions and who didnt!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (02-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default School taking kids to McDonald's for lunch--I'm dumbfounded!

And why do people keep saying 'McDonalds is a treat' - blergh! Really? Do people treat or reward their children with it?

It's fast, cheap, and convenient. Not a treat.
    I think a few a few of us have said it was a treat when we were kids. In the 80s, it was a treat because it was a novelty and you only had it a couple if times a year if that ...

I don't think it's a treat these day, so many families I know give if to their kids once a week or more. Yuk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    if its a one off.... and not an every day thing..... than I dont see a problem. Interestingly enough... my 2 allergy ridden children can tolerate macca's hot chips but hardly any other processed foods.

just wanted to add that someone else suggested Subway, which is great however my children have allergic reactions to pretty much everything on the menu, bread, processed meat etc. So if it was my school I'd be stoked they chose Macca's as my children could actually join in and have hot chips rather then be left out.
    Last edited by RipperRita; 02-12-2012 at 11:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And why do people keep saying 'McDonalds is a treat' - blergh! Really? Do people treat or reward their children with it?

Yeah, really... Because some of us happen to think it is a treat, like it used to be for us as kids. Not because it was 'cheap, easy and convenient' for our parents, but because we as kids liked it!

Is that ok with you?

Oh wait, I don't care eather way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I think a few a few of us have said it was a treat when we were kids. In the 80s, it was a treat because it was a novelty and you only had it a couple if times a year if that ...

I don't think it's a treat these day, so many families I know give if to their kids once a week or more. Yuk.
    agree - its not a 'treat' if it's a regular thing....! For us as kids, it was a treat, because we hardly ever got it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I don't think I've ever been so grateful that at our school kids get stickers for a reward and a packed lunch in the park for a treat.

I think the fact that so many people have strong views on this tends to indicate at least to me that this isn't something the school should be doing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (02-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default School taking kids to McDonald's for lunch--I'm dumbfounded!

I am a big believer in moderation and I doubt that just once on this excursion should be such an issue... It's like a birthday party... Do you stop your child from having chips and lollies at birthday parties too? It's all got the same rubbish and additives in it.....

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bubbabailey For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (02-12-2012),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (02-12-2012),SassyMummy  (02-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I don't think I've ever been so grateful that at our school kids get stickers for a reward and a packed lunch in the park for a treat.
    Boooooriiiiiiing!!

:O

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (02-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Yep sure is a treat in this house.
    I have no issue treating my kids with cheap, fast and convenient food.

Its better then what my mum did she was so against junk especially maccas and KFC. She would go on and on about all the bad stuff in it how it causes cancer etc.
    As a result I would binge eat masses of junk behind her back.
    I never want my kids to grow up the way I did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm wondering if I'm a bad mother for not freaking out that DD is being given pizza at school next week for their Christmas party... lol.

Honestly, unless the school is taking them to Maccas every week, I don't understand the problem.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (02-12-2012),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (02-12-2012),LoveLivesHere  (02-12-2012)