+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default When to freak out

When should I worry about the movements? His norm very active but today iv hardly felt anything... I know if I say anything people will think I'm worrying for no reason... I can't even get hold of DP ATM coz his out fishing in the water...
    Any suggestions to get him moving?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Coldish sugary drink and lay down, should get him moving.

Thanks
    Reviews

Have you tried the drink a cold glass of water and have something to eat and go sit down and concentrate on feeling him move???

If that doesn't get him moving I'd go get bubs monitored... The hospital we were booked into would monitor baby's heartbeat if we ever had any concerns or doubts... At any time...

Thanks
    Reviews
    when you say hardly felt anything Im assuming that you have still felt movements?

try eating or drinking something sweet and lying down for a bit.... its what i do when mine gets a little too quiet for my liking.... usually though its just that she's moved to a different spot and i haven't realized. it could just be that he's having a quiet day (which mine always has from time to time) but if you are truly worried about it i'd give your carer a call as your better off easing your mind then letting it play on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I wonder if it has something to do with the heat as I didn't feel any movement until I'd been up for about 1 1/2 hours today. I was getting a bit concerned but then I laid down and she went crazy with her kicking, but again through the day I haven't felt as many (though there are no regular patterns with day time kicks, some days she kicks all day and other days I don't get much movement at all). I'd agree with a PP and say lay down, that's usually when mine goes nuts. I'd go to the hospital if that doesn't work though, that's what they're there for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't feel mine move for 8-10 hours and called my GP who said to go to hosp. Midwives nicely scalded me saying "we'd prefer 100 false alarms than miss something" so if it changes from normal don't feel silly going to get it checked out. I got hooked up to monitor for 45 mins then had a scan and all was well.
    Re heat! I agree, I've been moving very slowly today, perhaps bubba is cooking in our bellies too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just so everyone knows, a drink of cold water or something sugary does absolutely nothing and there is no evidence to support that.

Lie down for half an hour, see if you can feel baby move.

Is it possible that you've been busy today and wouldn't have noticed if?

If movements are still reduced, please call your midwife/doctor/hospital and go in for a CTG monitoring to check that baby is okay.
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 01-12-2012 at 17:59.

Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews

He started moving after I had dinner after trying everything else... It's not as strong as norm but I think it might of been the heat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    He started moving after I had dinner after trying everything else... It's not as strong as norm but I think it might of been the heat
    If it stays reduced in the next few hours, definitely get it checked out before bed.

Reduced fetal movements are almost as bad as no fetal movements.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would contact the hospital and ask to have a CTG done. I had an appointment yesterday with my Obstertrician and told him that I had decreased movement but still could feel the baby and he sent me for monitoring. Decreased movement needs to be checked.