+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 19.5weeks and loosing amniotic fluid. :(

Hi hubbers, TMI alert

At 1am this morning I went to the toilet and had a rather large bladder empty.

Not long after I was back in bed I had a sudden gush of thin (like water) liquid of about a cup full. I am currently 19.5weeks pregnant.

I went straight to the hospital but they weren't helpful telling me they can't do anything cause I am not 23+ weeks. I didn't even get to see the dr so after an hour I was discharged and told to go home abd expect the worse.

I went to my local go today abd he has out me on antibiotics to prevent infection incase it was a rupture of membranes. Plus I am still trickling fluid but bub, bp, placenta seems very healthy.

I am booked in first thing Monday for an ultra sound and then we go from there. I am on absolute strict bed rest until we know more.

I'm after people's experience with similar. I want to know what my chances are of bub and I getting through this (this is our 3rd and final child, which took 12months to conceive) I am feeling very emotional about it going for the worse.

Any do's or donts would be appreciated. Any experience at also very much wanted.

Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I had friend in this situation, she was 20 weeks. She was bed rest for 4 weeks but she did carry bub to 38 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have no advice / experience but hugs to you! hope it works out okay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: 19.5weeks and loosing amniotic fluid. :(

Sorry Im no help but just wanted to offer some hugs

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Thanks guys. Just a bit of an emotional roller coaster.

Really hoping someone has experienced something similar so I know what to expect etc.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Massive hugs.

I had the same thing happen at 32 weeks. I got checked out and it was my 'back waters' that had broken. I had thought I had wet myself, but I had only been to the loo a few minutes before.

I carried bub until 37.6 weeks when my BP and a few other issues all built up and brought on labour/partial induction.

Thanks
    Reviews

Just keep on bed-rest and drink lots as this will assist in replenishing the waters as they leak.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry sent to fast but I hope all goes well for you and your baby. Hugs

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews

No advice just sending you hugs and best wishes and i hope everything is ok, take care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you

Definitely stay as inactive as humanly possible given you already have 2 kiddies! Can you call someone to come and help you for a few days?

During my second pregnancy I lost about a cup and a half of fluid, I was about 17 weeks at the time and like you, was sent away to "see what happens"

My pregnancy progressed and I delivered a happy healthy girl, but I always kind of knew deep down that everything was going to be ok

Good luck, resting up is a must!!! Hope Monday comes around super quick for you