+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you chan87. Good luck with your bloods. I don't know if you're being tested but make sure they test your thyroid antibodies! Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hypothyroidism while ttc

K so update went to endo this morn and my levels are at 1.2 and I hav no more anti bodies left in my body but she wants me to up dosage and she has given me a prescription for something that people take for diabetes and low glucose and insulin but its used for ppl who hav trouble keeping preg apparently when I get the stuff ill let yas know what it is called incase any one gas taken it before.
    She said not ttc till feb but that's not happening I'm not sure i wanna wait that long plus I definatly dnt want another summer bub I know I sound silly but it's terrible . I'm now on aspirin vit d folate higher dose of thyroxin and this other tablet ill also be going to see my ob for further care so I'm hoping the level rise works better .

Thanks
    Reviews

The tablets are called metformin

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good luck!!! I unfortunately had the opposite and lost 30kilos due to my thyroid being over active. Nobody listened to me being sick and kept telling me I was taking drugs Then I got pneumonia and was so sick they finally did a blood test! Now its slowed down during my pregnancy. They are worried about it. Nobody ever looked into it being the cause of me having a miscarriage and a molar pregnancy. UNTIL NOW! Now they monitor me like a criminal. They are waiting on blood test results to see if I have graves disease.

I have been told not to take my pregnancy vitamins except megafol.

Its amazing how many people have thyroid problems when you start talking about it out loud Good luck on your journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chan- I'm on metformin and got pregnant first go both times with Hashimotos and PCOS!

Goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLips View Post
    Chan- I'm on metformin and got pregnant first go both times with Hashimotos and PCOS!

Goodluck
    That's good to know but I forgot to ask if I stop taking it once I fall preg what did u do?
    My two kids have been driving me up the walls lately I think why on earth would I want another if its not one doing something its the other or both at same time ...sorry just had to get that out lol as a mum I'm sure everyone has these moments lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still on it as it reduces your risk of gestational diabetes.

Most wean off after 12 weeks as it reduces your risk of miscarriage in the first trimester.

Thanks
    Reviews

Well I haven't got diabetes or low insulin she put me on for having continuing mc so I should slowly wean off around 12 wks Ill see her before anyway ill ask her how's everyone going?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Hypothyroidism while ttc

I was put on it after my mc. The ob thought I had pcos. I had impaired glucose function (2 hr test, middle result higher than powdered but others perfect) he thought I wasnt ovulating. He was not a very nice man...very rude!! In his words... "your bmi is too high to be pregnant. It would have caused the mc because you are so overweight. If you get pregnant again, you will need another doctor. I dont take risks with people who are overweight. You should not get pregnant until you lose that weight. Actually, go back on the pill so you dont" but proceeded to tell me rgat metformin would make me ovulate! He also said I needed a no fat no carb high protien diet.

I took 1 a day until I got my bfp ( about 5 weeks later) thinking it would help with ovulation either way... Then went to see another dr who freaked out when he seen my results, and told me not to take another one as I didn't need them.

I done as I was told. My ds will be 2 in march!

Thanks
    Reviews

Shadowangle02 omg that us sooo rude and unprofessional no matter what type of person u are you poor thing having to get spoken to so disrespectfully
    That's great u got your bfp too in the end!!!