+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hypothyroidism while ttc

I I'm sure there's other threads but just wanted to ask if anyone is havering problems staying pregnant with hypothyroidism ? I'm seeing my endo wed to see what is going on but I've had 3 mc in a row and my dr thinks I've got auto immune disease that keeps attacking the pregnancy.
    What mg thyroxin are u taking and did u hav to up the dosage before ttc and while pregnant? Has anyone else had or having similar problems I'm healthy all my levels are good I will need to go on progesterone as soon as I fall preg and ob wants me to take clomid but I'm sceptical of taking that!! Anyway hoping to hear from anyone who can relate to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Chan!

Im not sure if im in the same boat as u or not.

I have a 20month old DS, who we concieved after 1 MC, i had a fantastic pregnancy with him, the kind everyone hates u for....

When he was 6mnths old i was diagnosed with Hypothyroidisim. I started on 50mg of thyroxine, and have gradually been increased to 150mg about 8-10 weeks ago.

I had my levels checked 5 weeks back, and they were sitting at 1.7! So we figured we would ditch the BCP and TTC #2.

On Wednesday i took a HPT, got sidetracked with DS and forgot about it, when i remembered thursday arvo there was a 2nd line! Unsure when it appeared, i took another HPT that evening and got a faint BFP. I would have been 13dpo. Only hours after that, i got cramps and now have what i think is AF...So im thinking VERY early MC/Chemical pregnancy.

Im not sure if its due to the hypothyroidisim, or if its something else? But it was only our first month trying... Would be interested to see and hear others experiences too..

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm sorry about ur mc it's a hard thing mentally to deal with ill keep posted on what my endo says wed I've read a lot on things that effect preg with hypothyroidism and its mc early labour preeclampsia problems with baby's learning development after and a few more that I'm worried about so ill be sure to ask lots of questions in hopes to get the answers I want I only got the problem after our 2nd my son who's now 2 but its also a hereditary thing my mum and NAND hav it aswell as hashimotos so I was bound to get it just pregnancy brought it on earlier I'm so thankful to hav 2 healthy kids but I still dnt feel complete I'm just worried with the problems is it something I should do knowing outcomes

Thanks
    Reviews
    You need to be able to stabalize your TSH levels before conceiving.
    Get regular blood tests, I get them every 1-2 months and I am on 200mg of thyroxine a day.
    I got it after I had my DS but am not planning another baby for a year or so yet.
    I believe that you will have to be closely monitored while pregnant to keep your levels normal to prevent miscarriage.
    Ask them to test you for Hashimoto's as well.

Also to conceive your TSH should be between 0.5- 2 range, the lower the better. They say between 0.5- 5.5 is normal but its not for some.
    My TSH level was 44.3 when they discovered i had it, after 1 year on meds i am at 5.6 TSH but still don't feel 100% yet.

I also had a thyroid scan and they found a tumour on there, after a biopsy it was found to be benign.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks blue lagoon
    My levels are perfect from my bt a wk ago but not sure if I hav the hashimotos as I think I was border line when first found I had thyroid probs I'm on 800 mg a wk but I'm still struggling with everyday to day things my energy levels are the worst ever I'm 26 I feel like I'm 50 I'm getting really forgetful and a lot has changed since having it its amazing how much of a large part the thyroid plays in your body so hav u been told to up dosages or anything if u do fall preg?

Thanks
    Reviews

Subbing as I'll reply when i get a moment to tell you my story which will hopefully help you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got autoimmune hypothyroidism (hashimotos) your TSH level shod be under 2.0 whn TTC and pregnant.

I was put on 75mcg when pregnant and needed to go up to 100mcg by week 6. My TSH got to 4.6.

My first pregnancy was a blighted ovum so a miscarriage but probably not related to my thyroid. I'm now nearly 18 weeks pregnant with a baby girl.

Goodluck, sorry to hear of your miscarriages.

Thanks
    Reviews

I said blue lagoon sorry blue lips I haven't been told my levels before ill definatly ask on wed congrats on being preg how's it going so far and how exciting a lil girl yay !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was pregnant earlier this year with undiagnosed Hashimoto's. Unforunately my antibodies attacked my growing baby and it sadly ended in a missed miscarriage. I was finally diagnosed (after much heartache and countless doctor visits) with the auto immune disorder and was put on 50mcg of Thyroxine. 6 weeks later the dose was upped to 100mcg and 3 weeks after that I fell pregnant. I have been monitored while pregnant and my latest TSH reading was 0.88 so my GP and ob were both happy with that. I am now 15 weeks pregnant and everything looks great so far! Best of luck on your TTC journey

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

mrsdox  (09-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

First time mum congrats on ur pregnancy that's great glad it's all going smoothly for u and hope it continues that way too yes that would of been upsetting to go through the good thing is they found the problem and keep it undercontrol I'm just waiting to get bt for my thyroid now so gotta wait till wed