+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Random thing I was wondering about

I find that if my kids skin gets sticky in the indoor pool and I don't like touching their sticky skin so the rashie makes it easier to hold them in the water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I had a full rash suit for DS, made it easier to grab him.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Neither of my kids have rashies. We only go to the indoor pool and they just wear boardies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Random thing I was wondering about

DD just wears little swimmers and one piece bathers for her indoor swimming lessons

I never thought about the rashie making her easier to grab, good idea. They can be slippery little suckers

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

DD does it out of habit mainly because that is what they require for her school swimming, but if we go to the pool I like it because she gets in and out of the indoor/outdoor pools. Just easier I guess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Random thing I was wondering about

Ds's swim school like the babies and younger kids to wear as like pp said they are easier for the teacher's to grab onto. Now that he is older he doesn't wear one as it annoyed him when trying to do his strokes properly. We are also making him do half his lessons without his goggles as he now refuses to swim without them even in the surf. I refuses to open his eyes and panics in the middle of the pool which safety wise is not good.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tamute View Post
    Ds's swim school like the babies and younger kids to wear as like pp said they are easier for the teacher's to grab onto. Now that he is older he doesn't wear one as it annoyed him when trying to do his strokes properly. We are also making him do half his lessons without his goggles as he now refuses to swim without them even in the surf. I refuses to open his eyes and panics in the middle of the pool which safety wise is not good.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub
    Yep this. My DD is 17 months & has her lessons indoors. She & the younger bubs all wear rashies in the water, just in case they do happen to slip out of your grip or something, they are easier to grab hold of. The teacher likes the parents to wear either a rash shirt or tshirt for the same reason. Gives bubs something to grab hold of if needed 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i do swimming with my bub and they don't care what they wear as long as a swim nappy is on them.

i don't wear rashies inside - i personally find them annoying, uncomfortable etc. i'm all for slip slop slap but i do find it a bit over the top to constantly 'cocoon' children from the environment