+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Ways to entertain a child with ADHD

I am babysitting a child. He seems lovely so far. He has been diagnosed with ADHD. From talking to his mum, he stays up quite late each night and always needs stuff to do. Originally i wanted to go to the shops and maybe find a puzzle with him to choose to do tonight once my DS is in bed as he will be in bed early.

Can no longer go to the shops as i am sick with gastro. I dont want to get off the couch either but wont have much choice as i need something for dinner tonight.

I need something that will keep us all sane today/tonight and tomorrow as he is sleeping over. Something i will be fine to just supervise from on the couch would be awesome too esp for tonight. Not so worried about tomorrow as the boy sleeps til some crazy hour in the morning, waking 10am onwards and he is getting picked up at lunch time.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Should you babysitting when you've got gastro? I'd personally cancel as I know there's no way in hell I could look after someone else's child very well and along with that I would be worried about passing the bug onto them.

Other than that, do you have any computer consoles or a computer? You could always set him up on the computer. I know that's not ideal but if you're sick and can't do much with him that might keep him entertained. Other than that a movie perhaps...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    video games, or a movie if you have a wii you can rent some pretty cool games that gets the moving and tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: Ways to entertain a child with ADHD

No video consoles until DS can buy one himself when he is older.

I want to call the mum up but her and her DH are having their first child free night in a very long time and are going to dinner. She usually works weekends too which is why she asked a few weeks ago.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub