+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Does anyone know a centrelink cheat who has actually been caught??

I know someone who is claiming childcare rebate when they're not working or studying. Apparently you don't even have to prove you are studying? I don't know. But I wouldn't dob them in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Does anyone know a centrelink cheat who has actually been caught??

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I know someone who is claiming childcare rebate when they're not working or studying. Apparently you don't even have to prove you are studying? I don't know. But I wouldn't dob them in.
    I'm pretty sure you can get childcare rebate even if you don't work or study. May be wrong though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I had a friend in high school who claimed Aus Study for several months after she quit school in early year 11. She was more than likely receiving the highest possible amount as she was living out of home in a cheap bedsitter.

She got busted and had to pay it ALL back! It was a really dishonest thing to do, I had no pity.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can get childcare rebate even if you don't work or study. May be wrong though
    You might be thinking of the child care benefit which just about anyone can get the CCR is for working/studying parents

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    This happened with me a couple years ago. I rang up about putting my boy in child care and I was (sort of) studying but he asked and I tried to explained but then I got a letter saying about CCR I was like WTF??? lol I thought that crazy and not my fault but he put it down. meh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know someone who was working fulltime and getting paid cash in hand (earning over 50K a year) and was receiving the newstart (job seeker) payment from centrelink. they got dobbed in a few times but it was only after he lost his job that centrelink actually tried to do anything, but by then the boss said he wasn't working there or anything. they had no physical proof so he got away with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    No you're not meant to. You're meant to be working or studying at least 15 hours a week but you can do voluntary work and looking for work is included. So people just say they''re looking for work basically lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Does anyone know a centrelink cheat who has actually been caught??

I'd be to scared to report someone

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    No you're not meant to. You're meant to be working or studying at least 15 hours a week but you can do voluntary work and looking for work is included. So people just say they''re looking for work basically lol.
    You can't claim the rebate if you are unemployed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds similar to the bunch of girls that I went through uni with, who's wealthy parents owned businesses and were able to put the kids down as "employees" and conveniently pay them $18 grand in 18 months (the kids didn't actually do any work for them), so that the kids could get all the youth allowance bonuses to use as their drinking and shopping money whilst mum and dad continued to support them entirely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast