+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    or if you were partnered, then 'separated' but had another child during the 'separation' they assume you were together the whole time, and you have to back pay the payments)
    I know a couple that did this - were living together with kids, he was earning a good amount and she was claiming SPP. She got pg during this time and just told CL they had a one nighter and she got pg. She continued to get paid Then a few years later it happened again, so as soon as she got pg she told CL they were back together, stayed 'together' a month then told CL they had again broken up. When she had this child she told CL that when she got pg they were infact together, she had told them that, but they broke up soon after. Again didn't get caught

CL cheats annoy me bc they are the ones that tar everyone with the same brush.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im paying back a debt (but mine was purely accidentally did declare Dh's income correctly) back a few years when i had my first, slowly paying it off.

So it makes me really angry when i hear of people purposely doing it and not getting caught.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Does anyone know a centrelink cheat who has actually been caught??

I think centrelink often waste time investigating innocent people while the real cheats get away with it.
    Ex dp's mother rorted the system for 20 so years claiming pps right up until the day she got married. She was dobbed in multiple times, including by her real estate and nothing ever came of it. She even lived with the guy she married for about five years and had him listed as a 'flat mate'. I don't know how centrelink weren't suss on the whole situation??
    On the other hand i have been investigated twice. Once because my mother who is a nasty, abusive alcoholic decided to dob me in, saying i was in a relationship and living with the guy when i was in fact living with her. I'm not sure what she was hoping from the situation as i paid her rent and had my payments been cut..then what??
    Second time was just incompetance on centrelinks side of things. I started working, told them, took in payslips, declared income- all the right things then all of a sudden i received a letter in the mail saying i was under investigation as they had cross referenced with the ATO. Turned out because i worked for a company owned by coles but with a different brand name they assumed i was rorting it even though the abn matched up, the pay and tax matched up... Was so stupid. The guy on the phone sounded like he was adament he caught out a cheat

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Nope. But someone i know keeps getting away with it and she is having her 3rd child to him??? I also know another couple u need to get their act together. :-( All because they need the money to survive. Yet my dp works 101 hrs last week and i declared to centrelink they day before his pay was due ..... And he dint get paid the correct wage by his employer! ...... Whole different story. I supose my point was they get away with it while people who are doing the right thing get stuffed around. :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Nope. I know one cheat (well, one family that does it) and they've been doing it for years. Like, almost as long as I've been alive.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope, not caught! I did try to report them once but the power went out just as I was about to hit send on the dob a dole cheat form??? Kind of freaked me out so I didn't bother again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

How do you actually report someone? Is it anonymous?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    How do you actually report someone? Is it anonymous?
    http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cust...d-and-security

9. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does anyone know a centrelink cheat who has actually been caught??

Yes, a woman I know worked cash in hand for years and got caught. Had to pay back something like $10-15,000 and was unable to get a working visa in the UK because of it. Which mucked her up badly as her partner is British and they were planning on setting up their life there, now they've had to stay here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well I dobbed in my ex and his family, they came from germany and were claiming disability pensions, the dole, you name it, they got it. Funny how ex MIL could suddenly jump/run/walk when she got her disability pension.. before that she could barely move. Not only that, all of them were granted brand new housing commission units EACH (they hadn't even been in Australia for more than 5 years, so how they got them is beyond me) and were all working as well for cash money.. yet crying poor...

Yep, very poor when you wear Versace.