+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Was your 2nd labour/delivery different to first

I'm pregnant with baby #2.
    Labour is a long way off for me, but I can't help but wonder what kind of birth I'll have this time.
    DD was fairly standard, 24 hour labour all up (Inc first stage labour) vaginal delivery with vacuum as she was a big 9 pounder and needed a hand coming down.
    Was your second labour quicker? Was the pushing stage easier because you had done it before?
    So curious

Thanks
    Reviews

Second labour huh..... Well I knew what was coming and was so uncooperative! My legs were slammed shut and all I kept thinking of was "what was I thinking, you know this is going to effing hurt!" I was screaming at every bump!! Was only in labour for 2 1/2 hours!

Midwife ended up pushing me to my side and grabbed my boy by his browline and pulled him out lol!! Which is why it's taken me 15 years to go for #3 - traumatised lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

First labour - induced post dates 22 hr posterior labour and delivered by vacuum. Epi used as I was exhausted and needed a rest.

Second labour - spontaneous water breaking after refusing an induction , 30hrs later went into labour. 3.5hrs from 1 contraction in 20min to bub out. 15min pushing. No pain relief and honestly say if all babies could be born like that - I'd have one every year!

Thanks
    Reviews

first, contractions from Tuesday, admitted on Friday 6am at 4cm. epidural. they broke my waters. born at 10pm. 40w+1.

second, bh from 33w. night of 40w they start to come every 10mins. water breaks at 2:30am. 'bh' goes toe every 2-3 mins. get to hospital at 4:30am. dd born 45mins later. 40w+1.

so the second was different in that it was faster & had no intervention 16 months apart

good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Was your 2nd labour/delivery different to first

Both labours started with my waters breaking and both were born at 38+2.

First labour was 1.5hrs long. I felt no contractions- just had a horrible feeling if pressure the whole time. Can't even remember how many pushes but didn't tear at all.

Second labour was much worse. Was 3.5hrs long and i felt every single painful contraction. I managed to get him out with few pushes. I didn't tear.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby 1 ten days over induction 6hrs labour.
    baby 2 ten days over naturally went into labour 2days pre labour 10hours full on (i was in a difficult situation and stressed at the time)
    baby 3 few days over induced and 5hr labour. was def crazier than first two!

Thanks
    Reviews

Very interesting thanks for the responses!

That's the other thing I'm wondering, I was 41+5 when I went into labour, gave birth 41+6. Hopefully not that far over this time lol

Also expecting another big baby. It's just in our genes. My side & DH side both make big babies that grow into tall, skinny kids. It's so weird! I didn't expect that with DD - no one told me about the big baby rule and I was never a big child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally different !19 hr first with induction to speed up 4 hrs in followed by vacuum and forceps and zero pain relief from cow of a dr. I was terrified for the second but he came in 3 hrs no probs except another 2 nd degree tear. Second cured my fear of birth it was quick and I was in control . I have 3 but the second was the most beautiful moment o my life and how birth should be. When you are left alone to birth naturally the pain is so manageable compared to when your interfered with by intervention.

Second was 100% easier for me . Good luck xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My second labour was longer and more painful.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My second was double in length (but I had my waters broken very early on with #1) I pushed for 1.5 hours the first time and not at all with #2 (I didn't have to push my body just eased him out). My 2nd was a planned homebirth so lots different experience wise, I felt more respected and safe and in control of myself, I bonded straight away and the first thing I wanted to do was to give birth again lol the first time I just wanted to have a shower and pretend nothing had happened at all!