+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Afford rent n bills-- soon to be single mum of twins!!

How do u do it? How can u afford rent n bills?
    Would u be able to send ur kid to swimming lesson or music class..etc?
    How much do u get child support from ur BD?
    My DH filing the divorce and don't want anything to do with me n babies.
    He asked me to quit my job year ago to ttc and we ended up get pregnant through IVF.
    Now he want me out of the house and i really dont know what am I going to do with no income.
    I don't even have car to go buy foods , go see doctor or do anything. I let him have a control of my life n depend so much on him. He made me sign a prenup before we get marry so now I'm stuck with two babies on the way no where to live n no money. I don't have family in australia or close friend that can offer me a place to stay.

Is it hard to find place to rent with new born? I don't think real estate agent will be happy when I send application lol two babies n no income. Only centrelink payment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Do you really want to live in Australia? If your DH is adamant that he wants nothing to do with them why don't you go back to where you had support?

I've been there (single with twins) and you do it because you have to.
    Use the resources available to help you.
    You still have plenty of time before they arrive to get things organised.
    Speak to Centrelink about what help is available.
    Start saving what you can now for the things you really need, I wouldn't even be worrying about things like lessons for them as that's years away.
    Start thinking about clothing, bedding, cot, bond and rent (which I had no trouble getting as a single mum of twins). There are plenty of places that can help with donating this sort of stuff, The Salvation Army for one are fantastic. Also get in contact with Multiple Birth Association.
    If you don't have a car look for somewhere close to facilities you need to access so that walking or public transport is an option.

I also don't receive any child support and never have, I got an exemption from claiming it. Bio Dad has nothing to do with him which is mostly my doing now (he legally can't now) but I have since repartnered with my DF who raises the girls as his own.

It is very tough but it's not impossible to manage if you use what help is available and learn to budget ahead of time, good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As above if you can go home may be the best choice as you will have the support of family and I have known some Bio dads who have wanted nothing to do with their kids then suddenly do (im not sure how you feel about this) but if you are not ok being overseas may make it harder.

Other than that maybe see legal aid - I am pretty sure a pre-nup wont get him out of child support or supporting you whilst expecting (I may be wrong so please dont quote me)

If you are still working as PP said just save what you can now!!!

Also my advice dont sign anything to do with the divorce until seeking legal aid advice...as mentioned I am not sure what a pre-nup does when you have children but may not be in your best interest to sign the papers whilst still pregnant!!!!

Your story made my heart ache - I cant imagine the sadness you are feeling
    Last edited by Meld85; 02-12-2012 at 06:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello. I have followed your story and posts and am glad you are asking this question or going down this path after all you have been through. I am sure there must be places that can support you through this really difficult time. Do you have many friends that could assist you at this moment? Is your partner willing to assist you setting up another place or have you not gotten that far yet? I wonder if there is emergency housing that you can access?
    pm Me if you need to.,I wish you much strength during this difficult time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

My heart goes out to you

Do you have support back in your home country? If so I would seriously consider going back BEFORE the twins are born. That way you have immediate support at birth and also don't run the risk of DH trying to stop you leaving the country after they are born.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

My parent doesn't want anything to do with these two babies. They think I will ruin my life by keeping them therefore they aren't supporting me if I will go back my home country. My mom said " if I offer to help , it means u will consider to keep them so hope u realize that me n dad aint helping u" :'(
    I feel like everyone around me turn their back on me at the time I want them to be there the most.
    Have been searching on Internet , find a blog of single mom with twins n contact few of them... I'm trying to find the way to make it work. I really do!!
    I just want the BD to say " i won't be there but if u n the kids ever need anything , I will help " but nope..... He said " unwanted to keep it so start figure it out what r u going to do, where r u gonna live"
    I can feel the pain in my heart. I feel so lost and empty.....
    Feel like a dog on street

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    so he has gone thru IVF with you but now doesn't want the twins?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Afford rent n bills-- soon to be single mum of twins!!

He is the dog, you are a scared mum to be. Nothing less.

Mrsohara Gabe some great advice. Maybe talk to your local community centre to help develop an action plan and start to understand the network of resources available to you.

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh Hun I am so sorry to hear this. I couldn't read and not give some love. Get in touch with centrelink, legal aid, and the multiple birth association ASAP. Also google if there is any housing support services or crisis accommodation near you and call them for advice. Xx

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews

I don't believe that prenups are legally binding in most cases. Men cannot negotiate around the laws of child support. You need to see legal aid. There is no point getting your knickers in a twist until you know the facts. Many women manage perfectly well on SPP with two children. You will be fine, but be prepared for a fight.