+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Should I be worried??

I was induced at 39+5, I went into hospi the night before and had the gel inserted twice (so many hours apart) in the morning I was still only 1/2cm dilated but my OB managed to break my waters and they got the cintocin (sp??) drip started, that was at 8:30am I had DS at 3:12pm, no horror story here, yes it was painful, no epi etc. talk to your OB about your concerns over the cascade of intervention, I did, he knew what I wanted (csection as a last resort) I have a high tolerance for pain but I still cant bear the thought of a csection, you girls who have had them I take my hat off to you.
    DS is now 20mths old and I'm due to have Bub #2 in Jan so it couldn't have been that bad otherwise I wouldn't have one back so quickly lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: Should I be worried??

I was induced at 40+6 with gel. I was hypersensitive to it so contractions started straight away. I had a 3/4 hr labour with no drugs.

I will be trying hard not to be induced this time.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I was induced at 38 weeks and my cervix was not favorable at all. I had gel, foleys catheter (I think that's what it's called) got me to 3 cms. Then they broke my waters and And put drip in. DD was born 5 hours later naturally with only a little bit of gas.

I know lots of people who have had natural delivery with induction so it's definatly possible!

Thanks
    Reviews

Awesome awesome news keep the good stories coming

Will they offer the drip if the gel doesn't work or will they skip straight to a c section??

Also how long do they give you once your waters are broken before they decide to give me a c section???

Thanks
    Reviews

They should offer both :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

I think it depends on the situation, I don't think they'll do a csection unless bubs gets distressed

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Should I be worried??

I was induced for medical reasons at 38+2. I had three doses of the gel....didnt work. Got me to 1cm. Had the foleys catheter inserted over night whivh got me to a strethy 3...enough to break my waters. Syntocin started after waters broke. I ended up with a c-section 18hrs later but in all honesty the recovery wasnt nearly as bad as i had anticipated and i was up and walking three hours later and home after two nights. At the end of the day, you just want you and your baby to be healthy. If they have to come out the sunroof then so be it. Just make sure you have exhausted all other options first. And good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's a great thread in here somewhere called 'Tell me about Syntocinon' and it has great stories of inductions and cascades, etc. If you are induced, try to stay upright and keep bub's head on the cervix, this will greatly assist, and avoid an epidural if you can, as the greatest percentages of cascade of Int. come from these two risk factors (ind. and Epi). Good luck ~ hope your Mum makes it to the birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can only offer my own story. Two weeks ago I was given the gel. At the time the head was not engaged and I was 1/2-1cm dilated. OB warned me that induction not likely to work and I would probably need a cs. In fact, he was so sure about that that he was off call the night they gave me the gel and said he would break the waters in the morning.

Gel inserted at 9.30pm. I was confirmed 3cm dilated at 4.00am. My first child was born at 6.14am. OB walked in looking sheepish at 7.00am.

My advice - be prepared for further intervention but also be prepared that it may not be needed. My husband barely made it to the birth because I sent him home to sleep (he got there at 5.40am). I also accepted the sleeping pills offered because they were all so sure that I had a long and difficult labour ahead. They made me too loopy. I regret that.

Thanks
    Reviews

I was induced and had bub at 39+4. When i went in my cervix was closed and 2 cm long. After 2 rounds of gel I was only 1cm dilated but it was just enough for my waters to be broken. Synto drip went in when they broke my waters and dd was born 11 hours 15min after that with a little assistance from the vacuum as i was totally stuffed (didnt sleep for two days, cant sleep in hospitals!). Bub hadnt dropped and wasnt engaged at all before my waters were broken either. No c section here