+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Leaving it too late

My fiancé and I always debated between the get married or have children first - we decided on children because I was 30 at the time and wanted to get cracking and always wanted kids and so did he plus planning a wedding sounded hectic (I have a mammoth family).
    We are glad we did cause our first was ectopic and i lost my left tube and on discovery of endo my most likely option was ivf. 1 yr on from my ectopic we are pregnant from our 2nd rnd of IVF - I'm so lucky we made the decision on kids first as we would not of discovered we had fertility issues for another 1.5-2yrs on! We also would of been living back in NZ where ivf has a 18mth wait list otherwise its 13k a cycle no medicare rebates etc!! With low amh too it would of been so much harder.
    I guess everything happens for a reason and is often for the best

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by chances View Post
    I've heard different things from my friends/cousins - it seems that the ones who were actively doing exercises and were the "sporty" type, as long as they had natural births they were also up and into it straight away - no matter what age. They also lost the weight quicker too obviously.
    I hoping its a fit thing as I would hate to be layed up when the best present ever is waiting!
    I'm hoping to take up swimming second trimester and even thou I hate yoga I might get a home DVD. I'm just walking ATM and often feel like running but am too scared I'll hurt baby.
    Any ladies got any ideas to get birth fit, and in Brisbane?
    Hey Chances,
    Have you thought of pregnancy Pilates or another class I saw called preg bellies I think it was its on the northside of Brisbane though I'm thinking I might start that in my second trimester, as I'm getting tired if going to the gym all the time lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Ohhh I've heard of preg bellies I didn't know Brisbane had one? Must google it. I just put my gym membership on hold for two mths.
    Never done Pilates ....I'm not very flexible but what's it like? I'm real hesitant about going to a regular gym to do Pilates etc unless its specifically for pregnant ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Ohhh I've heard of preg bellies I didn't know Brisbane had one? Must google it. I just put my gym membership on hold for two mths.
    Never done Pilates ....I'm not very flexible but what's it like? I'm real hesitant about going to a regular gym to do Pilates etc unless its specifically for pregnant ladies.
    I did pilots yoga and body balance at fitness first till the week I gave birth. The instructors are trained in pregnancy fitness management and some are great! Highly recommend it. Sorry for going off track OP.

Thanks
    Reviews

I just looked it up and my closest preg bellies is the Norman park one which is great as they seem to have 7:30 sessions every week night and a 10:30 on Sat and Sun
    Which one you gonna go to Nellie?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I did a heap of preggie bellies through my first pregnancy whereas I did Pilates through #2and #3. Both were great for different reasons. I personally preferred Pilates. I went to an instructor who had a lot of experience with pregnancy. I felt so fit before I had the kids. With preggie bellies (at least when I did it) there were lots of rules about how often you had to attend and cancelling was difficult if the class you were doing was on a Sunday (if you didn't cancel in advance you forfeited your class). I didn't like that as I found with pregnancy I didn't know on a Saturday morning how I was going to feel on a Sunday afternoon. So it sometimes meant I attended when I probably wasn't well enough.

The classes themselves were great but I found the policies a bit strict for someone dealing with pregnancy.

Anyway completely off topic just thought I'd give my 2 cents worth on that.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh dear sorry OP I have detoured this thread! My bad.

Great advice ladies, perhaps I should give all a trail before I sign up and I agree those strict policies are not something I would adhere to well either!

Thanks
    Reviews

I just looked it up and my closest preg bellies is the Norman park one which is great as they seem to have 7:30 sessions every week night and a 10:30 on Sat and Sun
    Which one you gonna go to Nellie?
    Sorry op last post on this, I might try the Saturday at 10:30 class in the new year. I'm happy to try anything at least once and see if I like it. we can try it together if u want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 37 and single, and used to get all sorts of "left on the shelf" comments. I'd reply that my "shelf" was really quite a nice place to be, and I could jump on and off whether for a man or an aeroplane whenever I wished. It was quite offensive and I never gave up on having the whole fairytale. I guess for single friends who are "waiting" - it doesn't matter what your fertility chances are if you've not with the right person it's all zero anyway, if that makes sense?

Luckily I got the whole fairytale and within 6 weeks DD was conceived.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Nelly that sounds good to me! All this fitness talk got me keen and I had 1 last day on my gym membership before I put it on hold so went this morn and did a 25min bike and 25min walk on the treadmill cautious to not get my heart rate over 130. Lol I liked it so much I decided to cancel my hold!
    Shocked to see I only put on .9 of a kg so far - I predicted at least 3kg!

As you the last poster being 37 and single congrats on the fairytale! I too like you held out for my Prince Charming. I used to get the odd jibes for being single and having no kids but prfftt some of those people's kids are divorced now.