+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you love your kids the same?

Do you love your kids the same?
    DS is 21 months old and DD is 7 weeks old. I feel really bad saying this but i love DS ( my first ) more than DD ( newborn ). Perhaps because DS has been in our lives longer? DH thinks I dont care much about DD eg when DS was a newborn i would run to him as soon as he starts crying but when DD cries I wont attend to her straight away.
    I am desperatly trying to love her the same. Dont get me wrong, i do love her just not as much. I am breastfeeding exclusively and she sleeps with me and we spend a lot of time together. Shes a great baby and quite easy comparing to DS. When i buy stuff for DS i make sure i get something for DD too. I give her lots of kisses and cuddles. I feel so guilty!
    Anyone else has similar experiences?
    Last edited by tubster; 30-11-2012 at 20:07.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd give it more time, don't feel pressured or like you 'have' to feel the same way as you do about your DS. Newborns can be hard work, as you well know, and I think it's natural for many to take time to bond. I was the opposite, I took a while to bond with DS (my first), but felt like I was closer to DD much quicker.

Also, I actually found that I didn't run to my second as quickly as I did to DS. I think that's more of a first born thing (well, to me it was). I'm much more relaxed with DD, I would jump at the first whimper with DS.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

tubster  (30-11-2012)