+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Food Cravings and Aversions

I wonder if there are similarities amongst us on what we crave and hate.

I started to love eating oranges and tomatoes. I would put tomato sauce in just about any meal I eat. Strange, I can't explain it but it comforts my tummy.

Aversion - my tummy would not take in plain water. I have to overcome this with small sips every 20 mins or so to keep me hydrated. Helps with constipation as well.

How about you ladies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    in my first trimester i went back to eating cereal for brekky....lunch and dinner then again as a late night snack! (im normally a plain toast and tea lover) LOVE my cereal! i couldnt really stomach much else.
    My aversions are much stronger now im at the end of my final trimester. Meat is a bigggie- cant stand it. Greasy food or takeaway gives me heartburn and i end up vomiting so i stay clear of it.
    Will eat strawberries by the tone, chocolate milkshakes, chocolate mouse and still love my cereal!
    Thats about it for me.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Food Cravings and Aversions

I've only just found out Im pregnant but i can't stand the smell of peanut butter! So sad cause i love peanut butter! Also i eat jelly alot now. Other than that there isn't much more but its only early

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I looove cold fruit, especially nectarines. I can eat up to 20 a week lol and lasagne I could eat lasagne every day!

Aversions include fish and other seafood, red meat if I have to cook it, egg, cheese, chocolate (this one is particularly devastating lol) anything strong in flavour like curries, Mexican, etc

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 6 weeks pregnant and have just suddenly started craving carbohydrates! I usually don't want carbs all that much. So it's quite new for me. I usually love eggs, salad, veges and fruit. However, these don't appeal to me very much right now. I desperately wanted toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches yesterday. And today wanted bread, pizza and pasta. I'm scared I'm going to gain weight because I'm not used to eating so much carby food. Might need to start exercising ASAP! Haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Lee that was one of my signs I was pregnant! Was on a carb free diet going to the gym 6 days a week, all of a sudden I was exhausted and wanting to eat bread all the time lol the hunger is insane

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    GET AWAY FROM ME WITH YOUR FILTHY TOMATO SAUCE.

Couldn't stand bbq sauce while preggers. Even today, nearly three years later, I still can't...

Cravings:
    - Cake. GIVE ME CAKE. I would dream about cake. I would eat frozen cheesecakes LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW MARRY ME SARA LEE.
    - Sara Lee Apple pie. With cream.
    - Ginger bread. Ginger beer.
    - Chicken flavour maggie noodles, until I vomited them up.
    - Cheese on crackers.
    - McDonald's cheese burgers.
    - CAKE. I still remember the longing for CAKE.
    - Vegemite with milk. Would lick it off the spoon while drinking milk.
    - STEAK. I NEVER KNEW STEAK COULD BE SO DAMN GOOD.

Later on, in my 2nd trimester, I craved Vietnamese rice paper rolls.

Also, I feel nauseous looking at my list of cravings. Yuck. My BF suggested I was craving fatty foods because I've always been so skinny, and during my pregnancy I struggled to gain weight.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Food Cravings and Aversions

Water makes me sick been having to have cordial which I normally hate. Have gone off meat Except cheeseburgers and the big one is chocolate I can't stand it atm which is weird as I'm used of eating it everyday.
    And I'm real sensitive to smells the weirdest things are making me gag