+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys,
    Im feeling alot better after hearing your experiences. My cycle has always been quite regular LMP was 7 november so I'm almost certain Im about 8-9 weeks.

This being our first there is sooo much to get our heads around but I am just trying to read as much as I can.

Has anyone heard of that book Save Our Sleep? Some girls at work are recommending it but i have read some recives saying that it is not very practicle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Noztez View Post
    Thanks guys,
    Im feeling alot better after hearing your experiences. My cycle has always been quite regular LMP was 7 november so I'm almost certain Im about 8-9 weeks.

This being our first there is sooo much to get our heads around but I am just trying to read as much as I can.

Has anyone heard of that book Save Our Sleep? Some girls at work are recommending it but i have read some recives saying that it is not very practicle?
    *reviews

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Due August 2013

I think it can be a polarizing book - parents either love it or hate it. For me I wasn't prepared to let my baby cry himself to sleep and yes I had to rock him for many months before he learned to go to sleep by himself but we got there happily in the end. I found Elizabeth Pantley's No Cry Sleep Solution fitted in with my parenting ideals a lot better.
    You are going to get lots of advice and opinions from everyone and you will learn to take it with a grain of salt and go with your instincts.
    I should also add to my knowledge Tizzie Hall hasn't had any kids herself and it becomes a completely different scenario when it's your own baby crying out for you as opposed to someone else's

4. The Following User Says Thank You to little blue car For This Useful Post:

Noztez  (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tizzy Hall has 2 kids. I found Save our Sleep was a useful book for us. I liked having routines to follow and guides about what sort of food to introduce etc. Made my son's sleeping times very predictable and enabled me to plan around this. I can't see it suiting all people and I certainly didn't follow the book to the letter, but found it a great guide. My son was reliably sleeping through the night at 11 weeks. I love my sleep, so I placed great emphasis on getting good sleep for our whole family.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tap For This Useful Post:

Noztez  (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all & congratulations!
    I'm in Adelaide & very new to this forum stuff... But I'm 9 weeks, due August 16th
    Looking forward to hearing more from all of you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Due August 2013

Thanks guys,

I used it with dd to break her habit of cat napping. Like pp, I more used it as a guide and found that following her routine, dd didn't fight to go to sleep (so no cio in this house). We still loosely use her routine at almost 2. Like any parenting book/advice, take only what you want from it. I will be using it with this bub too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Due August 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Watermummy View Post
    Hi all & congratulations!
    I'm in Adelaide & very new to this forum stuff... But I'm 9 weeks, due August 16th
    Looking forward to hearing more from all of you!
    Congratulations and welcome Watermummy is this your first?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Watermummy  (13-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you redlipsandpearls! Yes its our first, very excited

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone! I am new to bubhub and thought it would be fun to join a thread with other mums due the same month as me. I am due on 9 August and just hit the 12 week mark. My Ob is moving to the new Greenslopes maternity so I will be delivering there. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Due August 2013

Hi expecting congrats and welcome, I'm also going to Greenslopes, really looking forward to it.