+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I encourage dd to have a pic, but I don't force her. Happy to stay in the photo if she wants as well

The other day we wondered past and she wanted a photo with 'pismas' like the other kids but got stage fright when we got close. I held her while father Christmas said hello then we went on our way. She asked for her photo, so I said we will come back next week

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Forcing Santa photos

DD loves santa!!! Haha DS however is not sure. He dosent cry, more just sits there kinda like a bug like if he sits still then so will the big red thing hahaha. He's ok but if he was screaming I would just get one of DD and not worry about DS. But I think the only reason he dosent scream is because his sister is so good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

I hate it too. If your kid is scared out of its mind, is a photo really worth that?! Not in my opinion!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Lillynix  (30-11-2012),PlayNice  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Forcing Santa photos

My dd is 5 - she has only ever had 3 santa photos as he freaks her out. This year and last year she is fine.

My step mum told me she once seen a mum smack her child (quiet hard) because they were too scared to have a photo

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrsOhara View Post
    My girls LOVE Santa, always have. But there is no way I would force them to sit there if they were obviously scared.
    I agree
    for 2 years in a row dd1 wanted me to sit with her and Santa, she was a little un easy maybe more shy but wanted to see him but only if mummy came too

PlayNice is offline Saving the world one chocolate at a time
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't understand forcing kids to sit on Santa's lap any more than I understand forcing a child to hug/kiss/sit on the lap of ANY stranger

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PlayNice For This Useful Post:

Lillynix  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm not a fan of Santa photos to be honest. I'd rather a family member or close friend dressing up for the kids than putting my child on some random guys knee that I don't even know and expecting my kids to smile and be comfortable in a highly uncomfortable situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: Forcing Santa photos

I wouldn't force DS if he was hysterical about not seeing Santa. Last year he would get so excited to see him and everytime we got close he would get upset. We have a photo with me holding him in my lap next to Santa and he is not happy but not crying either. We had another done with my brothers and sister as a gift for our mum and it was a great photo, DS looks so happy in it.

This year he is 3 and has been talking about Santa for months. We walked past 2 weeks ago and he saw he was there so begged to see him and we waited for over half an hr, got up there and he decided he wanTed to sit next to him and just talk to him. Yesterday he asked if we could go again because he wants to give Santa a hug and he wants daddy to stand next to the camera so they can take a photo.

So not every kid is being forced to have a photo with Santa, some really want it. I do feel for the ones that don't, I imagine it would be quite traumatic to be forced into like that.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub