+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It freaks me out how important they are to some parents.

"here is a memory of when i handed u over to a stranger in cheap red polyester, see how your eyes look bloodshot? Thats because u were terrified, ahhh the good ol days"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to P0tat0gem For This Useful Post:

RobinSparkles  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    "we don't care if she's crying, just take the photo".
    Vent over!
    This was what I said, some 5 years ago. DS was crying- I said just take it. DS santa photos take pride of place hanging on the Christmas tree- we put them up every year, DS loves seeing his photos on the tree, and the crying one is his fav. I can't pick which one my fav is- I love them all. They tell a wonderful story. First one when he was months old is Santa arms, next he was crying, next he sat on Santa's chair and Santa peeked around the side- than its about 3 photos of a gorgeous gorgeous little boy smiling as all get out, than this year he's toothless- and I wouldn't swap any. It's a wonderful story.
    Last edited by SimplyMum; 30-11-2012 at 14:20.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyMum For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Forcing Santa photos

Never been a fan of them, my kids haven't had one taken. Call me a grinch but I just think they're a bit tacky. Trying to do a family portrait with cousins and aunts earlier this year was painful enough!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I don't like the photos either, I don't like "Santa" though either and I remember being terrified as a child when my Mum made me sit on his knee so it's not something I'll be doing with DS.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DS loves visiting Santa at the shops though he knows its not the 'real' Santa. He enjoys the novelty of it. The only time we had any issue with him seeing Santa was when he was 1 and I just sat next to Santa with DS on my lap. Since then DS happily goes over and sits with Santa and politely asks for the present he wants

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Forcing Santa photos

Last year we didnt have the money for one but the Santa was lovely and saw jasper looking at him called us over and had a chat and sat on his lap, no photos just a little chat. Was really sweet.

THIS year we go kids all dressed up and nope would not sit on his lap or go near him. We managed to get a shot without too much distress, not actually on his lap, I saw it working out a lot better in my head!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I have 2 Santa photos from the last 7 years. Dd1 did it when she was 2/3 and then at 4, with dd2 who was a few months old. Dd2 won't go near Santa and dd1 has a fear of people dressed in over sized costumes. I don't force them, I ask them and usually we get about 5m from Santa and they stop. They might wave but generally don't want it. That's fine with me. I won't make them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My son was super imposed last year because we tried and he didn't like him so we faked the photo! Haha
    One year I went to put my 18 month old on his lap and he went to run I yelled take it so they did.
    They said do u want to try again! No way! Haha the photo was of DS4 sitting happily with a big smile and DS18 months mid flee ! I love it :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

I love tradition. So I do get it to an extent.

In our house Father Christmas is fictitious, so the photo isn't a big deal and no way am I lining up for ages to get it.

We got a gold coin donation Father Christmas photo at BigW last year, there was no line and the guy playing Father Christmas was great.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    We got a gold coin donation Father Christmas photo at BigW last year, there was no line and the guy playing Father Christmas was great.
    Oh, that reminds me of the Santa we saw at Big W one year. He was young, maybe 20yrs. He was talking to the kids and was great bu then the conversation went something like this:

SANTA: What would you like for Christmas?
    KIDS: I don't really know.
    SANTA: You must want something?
    KIDS: I don't mind, anything really.
    SANTA: Oh, come on there must be something you want. I can bring you anything you want!

OMG Ahhh, no Santa, don't say that!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dannielle For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (30-11-2012)