+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Need to Vent

Our daughter is tall for her age. She's never been chubby at all. She's 15 months and as big as a lot of 3 year olds. In size 3 clothing. People always comment about how she doesn't need size 3 etc and then they see her in size 3 and realise you can't go any smaller.

But I was over a meter when I was 2yrs old. So her height doesn't surprise me.

I used to think that I wish we had a chubby baby as DD never had the whole baby Chubb thing going on. But I think she's perfect.

All babies are different and you'll get comments either way. You just have to come up with some great responses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldnt worry because when he starts crawling and walking that will just start falling off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Its funny I have had both end of the spectrum with DD! She was quite small at the start as we had a lot of bfing issues so she wasnt putting on weight and all I got from EVERYONE was 'she is so small', shes so tiny, etc, etc. Each time I heard it I felt it was a stab in the heart as I was really really struggling with BF and it felt like people were telling me I was failing.

Now DD is a big big baby....97th percentile in height and weight....at 12mo she is 12kgs and I get all the time 'she is so big', what a big baby, etc, etc.

I just smile and say Yep! And its all from my breast milk thats making her grow and I am damn proud of it!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need to Vent

DD is also a big bubba, 90th percentile but starting to slow (6 months), DH's Nanna keeps making comment how it wouldn't hurt her to skip a meal and even suggested to me to put her on a diet. It took all my willpower to not snap.
    Ignore as much as you can and really who cares what other people especially strangers say, you know how beautiful and healthy your bub is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My son is tiny, 21 months old and only 10kg! I feel bad when people comment on how tiny he is! I am one of those people who would comment on how big someones baby is, but i dont mean it in a bad way, its always a compliment in my mind. Now reading all the posts i will need to think twice before commenting next time
    DD is 7 weeks old and was born at 50th percentile and now at 75th percentile, i love it when people say shes a chubby bubby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just know that you are feeding him right. I breastfed on demand and my little one was huge. But they grow out of it. They seem to go through a cycle of growing up then out. Youe giving you're little one a great start in life.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need to Vent

I'm the same, DD is 97th percentile, has been from birth & I am sick of people saying wow she is sooo big.
    I even had a GP (not my usual one) tell me the reason she has reflux is because she is so big and her tummy pushes it up and that I had to reduce her feeds by 20% at 3.5 months old! Went my regular GP when he was back from hols and he said that's crap, she is fine.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need to Vent

Wanted to ask that first GP if he regurgitates because his tummy is big too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Need to Vent

I'm quite petite although tall, DS2 (4 weeks old) was 8lb6oz, but only. 48cms. Soooo many people felt the need to comment on his size, it was really insulting. Like there was something wrong with it. Even going as far to congratulate me and call him huge in the same sentence or announce his arrival congratulating me and calling him 'not so little' ... If they had called him a beautiful chubba or something maybe I wouldn't of minded but seriously words like huge aren't compliments.

But then I have very slow weight gainers. He's 4weeks old and only just at birth weight now, so we are at numerous appts worrying about weight gain and when we mention it to ppl they tell us how ridiculous it is to be worrying, how he's MASSIVE. Actually, at 4 weeks old he's not massive.