+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Things you think but don't say (no judging!!)

DD2 is 11 weeks old and I'm looking forward to cooking her fresh "mush" and feeding it to her! Judge away!
    I'm not about to label blw as lazy though, it's just a different method. Neither is superior IMO, hence why I don't get where judging either method comes in. At the end of the day, bub is fed, that's the main thing!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (03-12-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I judge legging wearers. Yes you look ridiculous!
    I judge people who buy baby food instead of making their own.
    I judge people who smack their children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I thought of who i judge....but not enough to tell them to their face.

the parent's in my street who let their kids roam free without any second thought to where they are and what they are doing. And these aren't grown kids. This is their 3 year old (now 4) and 5 year old.

Baffles me every time I get them buzzing at my gate asking if I have seen their DD ("no, I haven't seen her for hours" or "yes, she's been here the past 45mins").

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    Perhaps the BLW/mush needs a spin off?
    A debate thread?! Yes, someone should start one. Not me though, I'm too lazy.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    Hahahahaha fwiw, I wish I'd known about BLW when my kids were babies lol.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

Jakois  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The other one I don't understand is the kids that don't have bedtimes.

I understand different things work for different families, but surely your primary school aged child *should* be in bed before midnight on a school night????

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    Done

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babycart View Post
    Genuine question -

Once you were old enough to communicate these issues to your parents, how did they respond?? And once you were old enough, why couldn't you make something that you knew you could eat.

I'm just not sure I understand why it took until you moved out of home at 18 to get this under control??
    That's a fair question. Everytime I would try and explain to my parents why I wouldn't (couldn't) eat something without it making me gag, they put it down to me being 'fussy' 'precious' or 'melodramatic'. I didn't know dyspraxia existed, i just thought i was weird. It was hard to verbalise and I just stopped trying when it was clear I wasn't getting any 'special' accommodations. It was easier to skip a meal or two.

They were very strict and simply refused to change anything regarding their cooking / shopping / food storage habits to facilitate my (undiagnosed) sensory issues. Coming from a big family it was very much seen as a hassle to accommodate any specific preferences. We were also very poor so my dad always bought bread in bulk and froze it straight away for example, as well as bulk amounts of 'lunch foods' or whatever that i couldn't eat.

It also comes down to the fact that my parents didn't cook that often, and when they did it was considered disobedient to not eat what they made. When something like a frozen pizza was made, it would be cooked too crunchy which was agony for me.

All that does sound precious, which I guess is why my parents refused to 'indulge' me, even when it would be a simple thing like separating a serve for me that disnt have combined flavouring or letting me eat the 'plain' flavour option from the homebrand snack packs for lunch instead of letting me get what was available if my siblings had gotten to it first.

when I was 15 and got a job I purchased as much of my own food as I could but I also had to buy school books, public transport and things like that. I just got used to scraping what I could together, or only eating one fifth of a meal, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EchoSummers View Post
    That's a fair question. Everytime I would try and explain to my parents why I wouldn't (couldn't) eat something without it making me gag, they put it down to me being 'fussy' 'precious' or 'melodramatic'. I didn't know dyspraxia existed, i just thought i was weird. It was hard to verbalise and I just stopped trying when it was clear I wasn't getting any 'special' accommodations. It was easier to skip a meal or two.

They were very strict and simply refused to change anything regarding their cooking / shopping / food storage habits to facilitate my (undiagnosed) sensory issues. Coming from a big family it was very much seen as a hassle to accommodate any specific preferences. We were also very poor so my dad always bought bread in bulk and froze it straight away for example, as well as bulk amounts of 'lunch foods' or whatever that i couldn't eat.

It also comes down to the fact that my parents didn't cook that often, and when they did it was considered disobedient to not eat what they made. When something like a frozen pizza was made, it would be cooked too crunchy which was agony for me.

All that does sound precious, which I guess is why my parents refused to 'indulge' me, even when it would be a simple thing like separating a serve for me that disnt have combined flavouring or letting me eat the 'plain' flavour option from the homebrand snack packs for lunch instead of letting me get what was available if my siblings had gotten to it first.

when I was 15 and got a job I purchased as much of my own food as I could but I also had to buy school books, public transport and things like that. I just got used to scraping what I could together, or only eating one fifth of a meal, etc.

thanks for answering EchoSummers - it sounds like a very difficult childhood and I'm sorry your parents didn't listen to you to at least provide some reasonably simple accommodations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babycart View Post
    thanks for answering EchoSummers - it sounds like a very difficult childhood and I'm sorry your parents didn't listen to you to at least provide some reasonably simple accommodations.
    Thanks for not judging