+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Things you think but don't say (no judging!!)

Quote Originally Posted by becca022 View Post
    Ds1 seems like a fussy eater to other people, but he has food phobias.
    For him eating used to be an awful ordeal and he would gag all the time and couldn't handle anything more than puree until about 18 months. Then certain tastes and textures would make him gag. Even now at almost 8 he will still sometimes gag when he's tired. So now he refuses anything that he doesn't think is "safe" and it makes things very hard.
    He is getting a little bit better, but it's been a long, slow process.
    So please don't judge fussy eaters until you know the full story.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Fair enough. When I refer to fussy eaters I'm referring more to kids whose parents claim they only eat mcnuggets and fries and 2 min noodles. Quite often, the story is that this type of food is all they are offered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Recently my father moved overseas, and my brother was upset by it, because Dad didn't bother to really see either of us to say goodbye before he left. We both have kids (Dad's grandkids) too and I know he was upset about that as well.

My brother's gf was saying something like, "I don't understand how men can treat their kids like that... just abandon them... like (my DD's) dad and your Dad..."

I tactfully got my point across, but what I really wanted to say was...

"Oh, because my brother isn't like that? You know, how he abandoned a kid he created too? It's fine if you want to judge my Dad and stuff for that, because fair enough... but don't be acting like you hate men like that when you're WITH one!"

When I said it in a much more tactful way, she said, "Oh... but he was young..."

AND... DD's father wasn't? They were the same age... so your point is invalid. I didn't bother saying that, but I wanted to. So badly. lol.

I definitely judge men who don't give a care in the world about kid's the created... what scum. I also judge the women who end up with them and make MORE kids with them. Are they bloody stupid?! Are they also scum who care about nobody but themselves? Or just in denial? Sometimes I think it's a bit of a combination... but I don't care, it's pathetic and I totally judge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post

Makes me realise I probably judge people that judge other mums for their parenting choices that have no negative affect on anyone else ie- formula vs bf, blw vs purée, cloth vs sposies
    Yep, I judge people for judging others on things that really don't matter. And right now there's probably someone judging me for judging the judging. And I judge them for that too! Feel free to judge my circular judging.

It all gets very confusing when I stop to think about it.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (03-12-2012),CazHazKidz  (03-12-2012),HugsBunny  (03-12-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly8329 View Post
    Are you serious!? Why on earth would you judge on that? Sheesh
    I done BLW with my 3 and I tell my friends about it as a lot of people haven't heard of it and wouldn't consider it but what the heck! As if you would judge a mother who sits at home and spends a day making a healthy nutritious meal for her baby to eat!
    Ticks me off people think their way is the best way what sort of friend are you.
    Rant over with a huff
    Ummmm.... That was the point of the whole thread?? To talk about things we judge without getting judge.
    Your post achieved nothing?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (03-12-2012),FluffyDucks  (03-12-2012),HugsBunny  (03-12-2012),Mulva  (03-12-2012),wrena  (13-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    Yeah the BLW rant and the Fussy eater rant is a bit off. Yes of course the parent of the fussy eater needs to not offer junk food in replacement of healthy food, but you're deluding yourself if you think it is JUST your awesome parenting efforts that have made your kids great eaters. I'm sure it has a lot to do with it, but some children will be fussy regardless of what fantastic meals you offer them, and those parents make do as best they can.
    Lucky it wasn't those parents I was judging!
    And I must be completely deluded because I believe 100% that it IS my awesome parenting efforts that have made my kids great eaters.
    Yay me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I judge people who don't know how to cook and who's family does everything for them despite them having kids themselves

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews

I done BLW with my 3 and I tell my friends about it as a lot of people haven't heard of it and wouldn't consider it but what the heck! As if you would judge a mother who sits at home and spends a day making a healthy nutritious meal for her baby to eat!
    Ticks me off people think their way is the best way what sort of friend are you.
    Rant over with a huff
    Dude - the point of the thread was to talk about the things we think but don't say out loud and I put 'no judging' in the title for a reason.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (03-12-2012),FluffyDucks  (03-12-2012),Mulva  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    Dude - the point of the thread was to talk about the things we think but don't say out loud and I put 'no judging' in the title for a reason.
    OP I actually read the thread like a few others here and that it was a light hearted thread on something minor you think but don't say but isn't actually based on judging a person!!! Hence my first post being that when people wear leggings sometime I can see your undies loud and clear and wish I could tell you! If your thread is actually a post for people to throw out their judgements on what people actually think about a way someone parents then you have problems. I'm not quiet sure why you would start a thread based on something like that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Rant over with a huff
    It's a light hearted thread, get over it.

Did you read my whole post? I actually puréed for my daughter, and blw for my son, so yep, I do think blw is way better and not afraid to admit it on here!
    Last edited by BigRedV; 03-12-2012 at 12:39.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews

OP I actually read the thread like a few others here and that it was a light hearted thread on something minor you think but don't say but isn't actually based on judging a person!!! Hence my first post being that when people wear leggings sometime I can see your undies loud and clear and wish I could tell you! If your thread is actually a post for people to throw out their judgements on what people actually think about a way someone parents then you have problems. I'm not quiet sure why you would start a thread based on something like that!
    The op clearly states what things you think but don't say for whatever reason, not necessarily nasty or judgmental but sometimes what people think IS nasty and judgmental.

The thread was meant to be somewhere to discuss it without it deteriorating into nastiness. I found your post to be really argumentative and unnecessary to be completely honest. The other members who have disagreed with certain posts have done so in a way which has been in keeping with the original tone of the thread.

All your post has managed to do is derail the thread from its original purpose so you know, cheers for that :-) it was really sweet of you.