+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Things you think but don't say (no judging!!)

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Oh, and this is going to found horrible, but after doing blw with my son, I judge the people giving their kids mush. My friend and I have a giggle. She did it with her son and was telling me how her friend spends every Thursday night making purées for the week! Stuff that!
    I agree when it comes to Farex etc. that stuff tastes disgusting!! But not all kids are into BLW. We started on purées with DS but he wasn't very interested. Learnt about BLW after posting on here asking for help and he took to it like a duck to water. DD on the other hand, won't have a bar of BLW so is getting puréed food until I can change her mind!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Things you think but don't say (no judging!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    I agree when it comes to Farex etc. that stuff tastes disgusting!! But not all kids are into BLW. We started on purées with DS but he wasn't very interested. Learnt about BLW after posting on here asking for help and he took to it like a duck to water. DD on the other hand, won't have a bar of BLW so is getting puréed food until I can change her mind!!!
    Yup jasper ate purees and katelyn does finger foods.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post

Oh, and this is going to found horrible, but after doing blw with my son, I judge the people giving their kids mush. My friend and I have a giggle. She did it with her son and was telling me how her friend spends every Thursday night making purées for the week! Stuff that!
    Are you serious!? Why on earth would you judge on that? Sheesh
    I done BLW with my 3 and I tell my friends about it as a lot of people haven't heard of it and wouldn't consider it but what the heck! As if you would judge a mother who sits at home and spends a day making a healthy nutritious meal for her baby to eat!
    Ticks me off people think their way is the best way what sort of friend are you.
    Rant over with a huff

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kelly8329 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (03-12-2012),Boobycino  (03-12-2012),Guest654  (03-12-2012),Kiplusthree  (03-12-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (03-12-2012),Lincolns mummy  (03-12-2012),Niki24  (03-12-2012),peanutmonkey  (03-12-2012),PuppyGuts  (03-12-2012),Purple Lily  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah the BLW rant and the Fussy eater rant is a bit off. Yes of course the parent of the fussy eater needs to not offer junk food in replacement of healthy food, but you're deluding yourself if you think it is JUST your awesome parenting efforts that have made your kids great eaters. I'm sure it has a lot to do with it, but some children will be fussy regardless of what fantastic meals you offer them, and those parents make do as best they can.

As for BLW as others have mentioned, some babies love it, others not so much. I'd rather my baby receive proper nutrition through pureed foods if they were that way inclined, than keep offering them finger foods that they weren't interested in. My babies both had a mixture of purees and finger foods.

As for something I think but don't say - I'm very embarrassed to admit this, but I often find myself seeing overweight people eat junk food and thinking to myself "if you woud just stop eating mcdonalds you might not be so overweight". I would NEVER say it out loud, and hate myself for even thinking it. Especially when I'm sitting there myself probably eating something worse or just as bad as what they are. It's terrible what stupid things we say to ourselves in our heads. I don't believe it's an appropriate way to think at all, but it pops into my head involuntarily every single time I see it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

i judge blw coz i think it sounds boring and lazy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PuppyGuts For This Useful Post:

MummaOJ  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EchoSummers View Post
    For the people who don't "believe" in fussy eaters - I agree with you, to an extent. I get that parents dictate their kids' diets. But speaking as someone who has a form of dyspraxia and sensory issues with food that really restricts my food options - I spent my entire childhood until I moved out at 18 in physical pain from hunger because i had parents who also didn't "believe" in fussy eaters. My stomach would rumble embarrassingly in class because I wouldn't make myself a sandwich for lunch where the bread had the wrong texture from being in the freezer. Or the apple was mushy. Or there was only crunchy peanut butter. Or in agony in bed at might because i 'chose' not to have dinner because there was sauce touching my rice. Etc. Trust me, if I could just 'get over' my fussiness because I was 'truly hungry' I wouldn't have been crying myself to sleep.

I was finally diagnosed after I moved out of home, and it's only now that I am able to eat three meals a day because I can cater for my own very "fussy" and limited food choices.

Anyway, off topic rant over.
    Genuine question -

Once you were old enough to communicate these issues to your parents, how did they respond?? And once you were old enough, why couldn't you make something that you knew you could eat.

I'm just not sure I understand why it took until you moved out of home at 18 to get this under control??

Thanks
    Reviews

Ds1 seems like a fussy eater to other people, but he has food phobias.
    For him eating used to be an awful ordeal and he would gag all the time and couldn't handle anything more than puree until about 18 months. Then certain tastes and textures would make him gag. Even now at almost 8 he will still sometimes gag when he's tired. So now he refuses anything that he doesn't think is "safe" and it makes things very hard.
    He is getting a little bit better, but it's been a long, slow process.
    So please don't judge fussy eaters until you know the full story.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wear leggings almost everyday, but I wea them with a shirt that a least covers half my butt, is that ok? Lol, I just can't be comfortable in jeans anymore.

My thinking but not saying is usually about bil and sil- why the heck do you give your 16 mth old a "bedtime" of 10pm? I'm in bed by that time!! And if he's truly not tired before then, it's because he doesn't wake for the day until 9am, which is actually pretty lucky for you, but then he doesn't have a nap until 3pm, until about 5pm.
    And sil, do not tell me you're tired! You're as far along as I am, but you nap when bub does, and from what I see you don't cook or clean, or do anything really. I know pregnancy is different for everyone, but really? Come on...

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's a lady who lives a few doors down from my parents place who has 7 children to 5 different fathers and to top it off she's in her early 40's and her boyfriend who just moved in with her is only 18!!

If you saw her ... *shudder*

Seriously how can one not judge?
    Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 03-12-2012 at 20:59. Reason: removal of deleted text

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Grebbeci  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly8329 View Post
    Are you serious!? Why on earth would you judge on that? Sheesh
    I done BLW with my 3 and I tell my friends about it as a lot of people haven't heard of it and wouldn't consider it but what the heck! As if you would judge a mother who sits at home and spends a day making a healthy nutritious meal for her baby to eat!
    Ticks me off people think their way is the best way what sort of friend are you.
    Rant over with a huff
    Have to agree.

Makes me realise I probably judge people that judge other mums for their parenting choices that have no negative affect on anyone else ie- formula vs bf, blw vs purée, cloth vs sposies

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (03-12-2012),Kelly8329  (03-12-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (03-12-2012),MissMuppet  (03-12-2012),Purple Lily  (03-12-2012)