+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Things you think but don't say (no judging!!)

Please stop writing attention seeking status' on fb like "I feel so lost" etc then When people ask what's wrong say I'll call you later or I'll pm you. If its too personal don't write vague bulls**t for attention, and anyway fb is not the place to air all your dirty laundry. This really frustrates me, and the same friend does it constantly, I really should just delete her.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to melimum For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (02-12-2012),Boobycino  (02-12-2012),Chillies  (02-12-2012),Cleigh  (03-12-2012),Gandalf  (02-12-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (03-12-2012),Pawzette  (02-12-2012),SassyMummy  (02-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I hate seeing small kids being fed coke or similar.

DP's nephew is 4, and has been allowed to have an entire can of coke to himself since he was about 2. He will have more than one a day too. Nobody cares.

DD first tried soft drink when she went out without me (with MIL and SIL) to Dreamworld at age 3. They gave her red soft drink and she was all, "I'm not allowed to drink this!" and freaked out. lol. It just has never been something she's allowed much of. At age 7 she can have some, but it's like a small glass... you know, 1/2 a cup of something on occasion. She's certainly never been allowed an entire can or bottle, and she's not even allowed coke (she had it once with DP, but given he hardly ever is responsible for her diet, I didn't worry too much... she knows I'm never saying yes to it... lol).

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Things you think but don't say (no judging!!)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I hate seeing small kids being fed coke or similar.

DP's nephew is 4, and has been allowed to have an entire can of coke to himself since he was about 2. He will have more than one a day too. Nobody cares.

DD first tried soft drink when she went out without me (with MIL and SIL) to Dreamworld at age 3. They gave her red soft drink and she was all, "I'm not allowed to drink this!" and freaked out. lol. It just has never been something she's allowed much of. At age 7 she can have some, but it's like a small glass... you know, 1/2 a cup of something on occasion. She's certainly never been allowed an entire can or bottle, and she's not even allowed coke (she had it once with DP, but given he hardly ever is responsible for her diet, I didn't worry too much... she knows I'm never saying yes to it... lol).
    I watched a lady once pour a can of mother, into a baby bottle and give it to the baby. I almost died :screwy:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    I watched a lady once pour a can of mother, into a baby bottle and give it to the baby. I almost died :screwy:

yup i saw this the other day. and the other kid had bright green cordial in a sippy cup.

mummabec is offline I could hold you for a million years, to make you feel my love
    Thanks
    Reviews

I don't know that I could have held that one in!! Your not even supposed to have while pregnant let alone give it to a little kid!!

Plus my kids would be awful on mother!! Give them one square of chocolate and they're horrid for the next 4 hrs can't imagine how bad it would be if I gave them mother!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I'm not quite sure why you would want your kids NOT to sleep?????
    I quite enjoy the couple of hours of peace I get when DS is asleep!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

mummabec  (02-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Don't call me crying that docs has taken your child and that you'd do anything to get them back then post a pic on fb all dressed up for a night on the town 2 days later!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Men who wear gray track suit pants in public. Some things should be left to the imagination. What I can see jangling about is making me laugh! You need support there buddy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For the people who don't "believe" in fussy eaters - I agree with you, to an extent. I get that parents dictate their kids' diets. But speaking as someone who has a form of dyspraxia and sensory issues with food that really restricts my food options - I spent my entire childhood until I moved out at 18 in physical pain from hunger because i had parents who also didn't "believe" in fussy eaters. My stomach would rumble embarrassingly in class because I wouldn't make myself a sandwich for lunch where the bread had the wrong texture from being in the freezer. Or the apple was mushy. Or there was only crunchy peanut butter. Or in agony in bed at might because i 'chose' not to have dinner because there was sauce touching my rice. Etc. Trust me, if I could just 'get over' my fussiness because I was 'truly hungry' I wouldn't have been crying myself to sleep.

I was finally diagnosed after I moved out of home, and it's only now that I am able to eat three meals a day because I can cater for my own very "fussy" and limited food choices.

Anyway, off topic rant over.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EchoSummers For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (03-12-2012),IndigoJ  (03-12-2012),MissMuppet  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

With my fussy eater - I think he's just a run-of-the-mill "fussy" eater who simply won't try new foods, declares things yucky and constantly telling me what he doesn't eat or like. Though the list is getting longer and he's getting more willing to think about trying things. And we've tried everything from offering him his dinner at every meal time until the point it was neglectful not to feed him something to getting him involved in every step from buying the seedlings, planting, watering, picking and preparing his food to be met with "I don't like it" without trying it.

So we just have our own list of foods he is allowed to eat - we no longer buy things like chicken nuggets or easy mac, so it's not an option - and he can choose from xy & z (sometimes it takes him an hour of saying he's hungry before he'll opt to eat the apple)and I cut of snacks at 4ish, he's offered dinner at 6-6:30 and if he refuses (99% of the time that's all there is)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub