+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    I'm ashamed to say.... I judge people with fussy eaters.
    The whole concept of a fussy eater is just foreign to me and I can't comprehend it. So I judge instead...
    I didn't just fluke having 3 awesome eaters. I worked hard and made it a priority.
    How can they only eat chicken nuggets every night?? Who bought the damn things??
    I have one fussy eater (in relation to fruit and veg and shes been given it every night!) in that she just refuses to eat some foods which means she goes without as I don't run a cafe! I am at a loss as to what happened cause when I fed her it was all good. I agree with what you're saying when it's fussy because people have allowed other food to be given instead but sometimes it does just happen. Guess its my sore parenting spot

But I did quietly have a chuckle as she devoured a ham and cheese sandwich on white bread for lunch and I got told why did I let her eat white bread, this from a parent whose child eats more cakes, biscuits and ice cream in a day than my kids would in a month so I do have my judgy pants on food even though DD is a pain.
    Last edited by ICanDream; 30-11-2012 at 18:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a background in linguistics, am a teacher, and get SO frustrated when I hear parents tell their kids to "sound out" a word which isn't phonetic.

Yes, lets SOUND OUT "penguin", "drawing" and "rhinoceros" - see what you come up with!

I know that people don't REALISE - we're so conditioned to spelling that we think things are phonetic when they're not - but it still frustrates me no end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I was told to sound out words by my ds's teachers. Unfortunately, I have no background in childhood education so I just do what the teachers advise. I do totally understand what you mean though Renn, just have no idea what else to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Things you think but don't say (no judging!!)

Well I have one fussy eater, but she is the most beautifully natured child and she has always been the best sleeper. She is 4 now and eats what we eat unless I know she really doesn't like it, like steak and I will make her something else. But she is getting better. She's not too keen on nuggets, though. Pasta is her fave!

On the other hand, I have a fantastic eater, but not the best sleeper. He is 2 now, and just doesn't need as much sleep as his sister did at that age and I have to accept that. They both go to bed at the same time (usually 7) and my son will not go to sleep for an hour. No matter what time we put him down, he takes an hour to go to sleep. He has been waking at 5:30 for the last week or so. His transition to a bed has been horrific. My daughter falls asleep as soon as she hits the pillow, but she doesn't have a sleep in the day anymore.

One thing I am strict on as a parent is sleep. I do not compromise. Once my children are down to one nap a day, i make sure I am home so they can sleep at home. If my children don't have enough sleep, I get anxious. My friends used to laugh at me when I would leave somewhere because my daughter was tired, but guess what, they complain to me now that their 4.5 year olds are up until 9/10/11 or sometimes 12 at night jeez, I am usually in bed by 9!

I guess I judge some of my friends who ask for advice about sleeping/behaviour and don't listen, then complain about exactly the same thing the next time you see them.

Oh, and this is going to found horrible, but after doing blw with my son, I judge the people giving their kids mush. My friend and I have a giggle. She did it with her son and was telling me how her friend spends every Thursday night making purées for the week! Stuff that!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

RobinSparkles  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Yes I work, no you don't.
    Yes I pay to live, no you don't.
    Yes I pay full price rent, no you don't
    Yes I pay my way for everything no freebies, no you don't
    Yes I choose to get up early, work for a wage, sacrifice family time - no you don't.
    And I'm the selfish tax-payer who judges those less fortunate?! No I'm not, I judge those who are ABLE to work but DON'T!!!! Centrelink have made it too bloody EASY!!!!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Merlsy For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (30-11-2012),Pawzette  (01-12-2012),pilbarablossom  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    To the school mum bully, the only reason you hate me is because your jelouse. Get of your butt and do something to improve your own life instead of hating me for mine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think you are a first class fibber. Your tall tales don't add up or make much sense. If you are going to tell porkies at least keep it simple so you can keep track of them!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

Pawzette  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm pretty opinionated & have no filter, truth is I run my mouth when I shouldn't.

My BFFs tell me I'm someone you need to get used to, which really means I'm a bisch but you'll get used to it😝

Something I think but DON'T say is I work with some younger stunning girls who admit that other girls don't always like them, in my head I think " it's coz your gorgeous & women can be very insecure " but I don't say it coz it seems weird to me, which I find weird.

Im usually too busy being judgmental of myself to worry bout judging anyone else!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mathermy View Post
    I think you are a first class fibber. Your tall tales don't add up or make much sense. If you are going to tell porkies at least keep it simple so you can keep track of them!
    We must know the same people! My post before was the same

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Things you think but don't say (no judging!!)

How come on a peak hour train it's only the lady with a three year old on her lap that offers a seat to the pregnant lady.

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (01-12-2012)