Closed Thread
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    oh ok i get you... .. yeah, I know what you mean. I think it's hard to do anything much in this day and age.. especially since the recession too. We have one friend who was complaining he is broke, but then went on to say he has $70 000 sitting in his account doing nothing, for the heck of it. lol. Me and dh just looked at each other and went ''wtf? how does that make sense that you're broke?"".
    Lol I can only dream of being that 'broke'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    oh ok i get you... .. yeah, I know what you mean. I think it's hard to do anything much in this day and age.. especially since the recession too. We have one friend who was complaining he is broke, but then went on to say he has $70 000 sitting in his account doing nothing, for the heck of it. lol. Me and dh just looked at each other and went ''wtf? how does that make sense that you're broke?"".
    My mother does this, she says she is broke but she has a ton of savings. I asked her once how are you broke and she explained that she doesnt have any spending money thats savings. lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (29-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    What payments? I work full time and he stays with the kids. How am I against people looking for work? I am not sure what your talking about.
    As far as I knew your dh receives some form of parenting payments for the 5 children you and he are raising together?

And your comments about people who are on the dole not wanting to work and how 'easy' it is to get a job make it clear your opinion
    Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    Lol I can only dream of being that 'broke'.
    ahh me too. even $700 bucks would be awesome, let alone an extra few 000's at the end of it..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (30-11-2012)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post
    Just as an aside.... while these parents are busy 'preparing'....... who is looking after their child/ren?

A childcare centre? Which is still $16-25 a day per child even with 100% child care benefit...

So say you are studying part-time from... oh.. the birth of your last child (as you would need 8 years of part-time study to complete a 4 year degree) and you were paying that extra $120-$150 approx a fortnight in childcare to actually have time to study...

Deduct that from you fortnightly allowance... and then add the cost of textbooks (say $200-$300 a semester) plus travel costs, computer costs, printing costs...

I think it's absolute BS.... I think parents should be able to PARENT while their children are little, and then be given a leeway in their parenting payments once their child turns the cut-off age, if the parent is engaged in full-time study, until the completion of their degree. At least then they've got a blooming chance.

And that's just one child.... what if there are 2 or 3 that need childcare/afterschool care? As we all know, these facilities are not cheap.

And don't say 'study with them at home' if you haven't done it, don't suggest it, it's freaking hard.
    Completely agree. It would be better for all if long term outcomes were considered. Finishing study gives people a greater chance of getting a decent job that won't require them to rely on welfare.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (29-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    As far as I knew your dh receives some form of parenting payments for the 5 children you and he are raising together?

And your comments about people who are on the dole not wanting to work and how 'easy' it is to get a job make it clear your opinion
    No he doesn't get payments, he did get the baby bonus but no other parenting payments we do get medical insurance though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just as an aside.... while these parents are busy 'preparing'....... who is looking after their child/ren?

A childcare centre? Which is still $16-25 a day per child even with 100% child care benefit...

So say you are studying part-time from... oh.. the birth of your last child (as you would need 8 years of part-time study to complete a 4 year degree) and you were paying that extra $120-$150 approx a fortnight in childcare to actually have time to study...

Deduct that from you fortnightly allowance... and then add the cost of textbooks (say $200-$300 a semester) plus travel costs, computer costs, printing costs...

I think it's absolute BS.... I think parents should be able to PARENT while their children are little, and then be given a leeway in their parenting payments once their child turns the cut-off age, if the parent is engaged in full-time study, until the completion of their degree. At least then they've got a blooming chance.

And that's just one child.... what if there are 2 or 3 that need childcare/afterschool care? As we all know, these facilities are not cheap.

And don't say 'study with them at home' if you haven't done it, don't suggest it, it's freaking hard.
    i agree, the govt. should make special provisions to help single parents study while they are raising their children.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (29-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    No he doesn't get payments, he did get the baby bonus but no other parenting payments we do get medical insurance though.
    Okay well must've mixed you up with someone else.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Family tax contributions are not considered 'parenting payments'

They are a completely different thing given by the ATO, not centrelink. For 5 children there would be a family tax benefit, but it's not a centrelink payment, it's a government tax offset.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to OJandMe For This Useful Post:

intruderalert1234  (29-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Family tax contributions are not considered 'parenting payments'

They are a completely different thing given by the ATO, not centrelink. For 5 children there would be a family tax benefit, but it's not a centrelink payment, it's a government tax offset.
    Oh ok, but its still money you can live off. I did the numbers based of no job or anything, not sure if that makes a difference

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast