Closed Thread
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Sure thing you want to scrape animal guts off the floor a few hours a day in freezing building let me know they are hiring $19 an hour. Someone want that job let me know they are always hiring, they even have jobs in Brisbane.

So now its hard working people's fault there are no jobs? Do you really believe that?
    Well I once applied to sit and peel potatoes all day every day,
    I believe if you think it is so 'easy' to find work you are lucky,
    As I said applying for 6-10 jobs a fortnight (as that was all available that did not require experience or a fair chunk of qualifications) proves it sure as hell is not easy.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

I'd love to see a "go back to where you came from" type show where they get 10 privileged middle class people to live on the dole for 8 weeks. Wonder what they would think after that.

3. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (29-11-2012),Ellewood  (30-11-2012),GreenMama  (30-11-2012),happychick1385  (30-11-2012),intruderalert1234  (29-11-2012),Izy  (30-11-2012),Luna Lovegood  (30-11-2012),melhoneybee  (30-11-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (30-11-2012),misskittyfantastico  (29-11-2012),mummyrissa  (29-11-2012),Shoopuf  (01-12-2012),WorkingClassMum  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mummajugs28 View Post
    My old cleaning company is looking for workers in areas all around brisbane $22 an hour - paid training provided - training is 8-5 for 7 days but after that you pick your own hours which can be in school times. I did this for years until I could get back into my field of expertise (accounting).

They provide clients you just have to nut it out with them. Anyone interested can let me know and I will send you there details. No qualifications are required and even if you do have qualifications (like I do) they still hire.

Sorry, I‘m not picking on you, but this is an awesome example.

Id love to do this. Im slightly OCD about cleaning and enjoy it. But evey cleaning agency ive looked at, you need your own license and car.

To get a license and car, you need money.

To get money, you need a job.

To get a job, you need a car..

Sent from my HUAWEI-U8850 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (29-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post

Id love to do this. Im slightly OCD about cleaning and enjoy it. But evey cleaning agency ive looked at, you need your own license and car.

You don't need a car if you only take on jobs in your area that can be accessed by local buses/trains or to which you could walk. With this company the client provides all cleaning needs you just take yourself.. I only used to clean houses only in my area as my husband took our car every day. And then I could walk or catch the bus to pick the kids up from school..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummajugs28 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (29-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

This and my age were my main problems,
    I (stupidly) stayed in school and got my hsc instead of getting a job at 16,
    I finished school and did 1 year I.t and then found NO ONE would employ me, not mcdonalds, not KFC, not the local shops or the stupid chip place.

I had no licence, I have only recently got my p's since having ds as my ONLY way to get a licence was 100$ a fortnight on 1 2 hour driving lesson.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

You don't need a car if you only take on jobs in your area that can be accessed by local buses/trains or to which you could walk. With this company the client provides all cleaning needs you just take yourself.. I only used to clean houses only in my area as my husband took our car every day. And then I could walk of catch the bus to pick the kids up from school..
    That‘s really cool. I find myself wishing i lived in Brisbane again.

But what if there‘s no one to watch the kids during the training period?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (29-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

That‘s really cool. I find myself wishing i lived in Brisbane again.

But what if there‘s no one to watch the kids during the training period?

Couldn't help you with that one? Friends, family, neighbours? Someone you trust - it's just for the one week and after that you are good. You do have to pay for two shirts but they let you do that over a period of 4 weeks so its not really an expense that kicks you when you're down and out.

Again if anyone is interested just PM me

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

You don't need a car if you only take on jobs in your area that can be accessed by local buses/trains or to which you could walk.
    That's not always true either. I live where there is no access to busses/trains or any form of public transport and to walk to the nearest town for a job is 18kms away (if you are lucky to score one in that town, now matter how crap it is).

I have a car thankfully but it's not the case for a lot of people and some would live in areas like me.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    That's not always true either. I live where there is no access to busses/trains or any form of public transport and to walk to the nearest town for a job is 18kms away (if you are lucky to score one in that town, now matter how crap it is).

I have a car thankfully but it's not the case for a lot of people and some would live in areas like me.
    I was specifically talking about the company I used to work for. As mentioned in the previous posts a lot of cleaning companies require you to have a license and car whereas the company I was working for do not require you to have those things. That is what that statement was referring to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So what is more important than making sure peoples kids don‘t starve? Cause it affects mothers as well, as the article pointed out.

And honestly, i think you are trying to make it sound like everyone is a dole bludger cause they cbf working. Lol.

Atm, i would be better, financially, if I was on centerlink while im studying, if i had to choose my job or clink. So i actually need clink to help me live, so i can study, so i can get a higher paying job and pay more taxes, so there‘s more money going into the public purse.

I WANT to work. Buggered if im staying in a dead end job my entire life though.

Eta: I agree with Kirby Star about the people with 2+ jobs.

And also, i seem to have accidentally thanked myself.

Ok so here is what the changes are

The Government wants to move 100,000 single parents off the parenting payment and onto unemployment benefits once their youngest child turns eight.
    That will cost them more than $100 a fortnight, in some cases more than $200 a fortnight - saving the Commonwealth $700 million over four years.
    So what they are doing is moving people who have had 8 years to get that education, you can become a doctor in 8 years that's a long time.

It was asked if I could live off this so I went to centrelinks site and did an online estimator for a general idea.

Ok I am going to use myself as an example, lets pretend I am single because thats what they are saying in this article.

So myself and 5 kids

I would get fortnightly
    Newstart Allowance
    $533.00
    Family Tax Benefit Part A
    $950.32
    Family Tax Benefit Part B
    $144.34
    Rent Assistance
    $160.44
    Gross total estimate $1823.38 (fortnightly)

Could I live of this? Yes I could

Now lets say I have 1 8 year old
    I would get
    Newstart Allowance
    $533.00
    Family Tax Benefit Part A
    $169
    Family Tax Benefit Part B
    $100
    Rent Assistance
    $141.82
    Gross total estimate $945.16 (fortnightly)
    Could I live of this? Yes I could living and having things I want are two different things. This is suppose to be help not a livelihood. I may not be able to live where I want, or have fancy things but I could make it work

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

blondekelli  (30-11-2012),Buttercup80  (30-11-2012),Mummajugs28  (29-11-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast