Closed Thread
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    From what I have read most people cant really live off what it is now so maybe back down to what it is?? What is PP?? I suppose it should only really apply to those just out of work or maybe you can choose when you get the 3 month 'leg up' so if say like us we have savings we can choose to delay it for 3 months and rely on it when the going gets tough.

That way those alrady on the lower payment can choose to take the 3 months but it tapers down afterwards if they havent found employment...maybe the higher payments are an incentive to get work cause it is easier to never have than have and have it taken away... hmmmm
    http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cust...enting-payment

Is wht I can find on the PP I do think people need incentive and I think making the payments not livable is incentive. I guess its just not one of those things you can really "fix".

It has been awhile but my ex had to go on unemployment when he lost a job from what I remember he got 80% of his wages for a certain amount of time which was determined on how long he had been paying into the pool through taxes. So from what I gathered anyone who was paying into the pool by working could then use some to get help when they lose a job. Ill have to search it but that wouldn't be too bad an idea but saying that Ill google it and see

ETA here is what it is, doesnt seem to bad makes a bit more sense.
    http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...nia-32504.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No not denied enough to survive...I said tapered down to what it is now, which is enough to survive off ( which I am now ) sorry I obviously used the wrong words - I meant maybe a much higher ammount but for a shorter ammount of time - it might sort out those seriosly needing a short term fix till they are back on their feet up to those just taking advantage???

Obviously I am not saying it ends all prolems it was just somehting I thought after suddenly going from a 2 income family to a half income family...

Seriously everyone is in such a hurry to attack and be a bleeding heart that they dont really want to try to understand.
    Last edited by Meld85; 01-12-2012 at 11:57.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    A little bit of a issue with the tapering down thing. i have been on Newstart for nearly a year despite not looking for work because I am studying full time. If it was tapered down, I would be in an even worse position and unable to finish my studies with would keep me in the welfare cycle.

These things sound good but do not hold up when put into practical terms.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    A little bit of a issue with the tapering down thing. i have been on Newstart for nearly a year despite not looking for work because I am studying full time. If it was tapered down, I would be in an even worse position and unable to finish my studies with would keep me in the welfare cycle.

These things sound good but do not hold up when put into practical terms.
    I think she was saying to up it from what it is now then taper down to what it is now.

cmd'smum is offline Administrator
    I'm coming to get you Linda... ribbbit
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Closed for cleaning and review.