Closed Thread
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anyway sorry for going off topic.. in answer to the first post.. Yes I do think the payment needs to go up. 246 is ridiculous You can't even get a 1 bedroom unit down here for that much.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    Your also teaching your kids that it's okay for a male to go and have a good rootin and a tootin and end up with a baby and that its okay for them to walk away and pay nothing towards that child at all. Great parenting. You want to take my kids for a while? I looooove your values.
    I really disagree with a lot of what LMF has said but I don't think it's necessary to attack her parenting skills. Having studies social policy and also being from a very republican family in the States, disagreeing passionately on these things is daily life. I don't think they're awful people and would trust my future child with them anytime. Just sayin'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lord have mercy this is about me not chasing my ex for CS that's my choice and one I don't feel bad for I also think it helped me live with a lot less stress because he really has no reason to try to make my life difficult like so many people here who have to go through a lot of crap because their ex is angry about CS I dont have that so I am glad I dont want a father to be involved only to not have to pay I want a father who wants to be involved because he wants too.

They actually do know I don't collect and why I don't They also know he can send money any time he wants but doesn't. They don't care nor are they angry with him.

I will teach them what my mom taught me not to depend on anyone to take care of me or support me or my children. I don't think that is a bad thing to learn. Yes I had a kid by a guy who wont support them my mistake and now I live with it.

If i had to do it all over again I still wouldn't turn him in and if the government tried to make me I would tell them it was private collect and leave it at that. That's me my choice and if you don't like it I don't care. My daughters know to be careful of who they have sex with and not to count on anyone helping them raise kids. This will make them more aware. I will say that my 16 year old doesn't agree with CS either or my 15 year old. That's their choice not yours or anyone elses. My kids are great and will be great adults I have no doubt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonZie View Post
    I really disagree with a lot of what LMF has said but I don't think it's necessary to attack her parenting skills. Having studies social policy and also being from a very republican family in the States, disagreeing passionately on these things is daily life. I don't think they're awful people and would trust my future child with them anytime. Just sayin'
    Thank you but this is par for the course with this user most of her stuff directed at me gets deleted anyway maybe one day it will sink in. Are you from the states? My mom is republican too lol I dont even get her started on certain topics because they are very passionate about some topics and will go all night debating them

Thanks
    Reviews

Is there *any* thread on the hub these days not derailed by 1-2 people

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Thank you but this is par for the course with this user most of her stuff directed at me gets deleted anyway maybe one day it will sink in. Are you from the states? My mom is republican too lol I dont even get her started on certain topics because they are very passionate about some topics and will go all night debating them
    Yes from Atlanta. My whole family is republican lol *yikes*. I've been in Australia for ten years. Love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    Is there *any* thread on the hub these days not derailed by 1-2 people
    True unfortunately Sorry I shouldn't have posted couldn't help myself.

I guess it's like having a conversation its hard to stay on topic lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Lol I meant the same 1-2 people in every thread it seems!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonZie View Post
    Yes from Atlanta. My whole family is republican lol *yikes*. I've been in Australia for ten years. Love it!
    My family is too, I am kinda not any I like some points of all the parties really. We are from California would have loved to live in the south.

Sorry back on topic now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm this topic is a tough one. And before anyone jumps on me please know my husband was recently made redundant, finished up on the same day and only received hours worked (no payout)

We own our own home and the dole or 'new start allowance' would not cover 5% of our mortgage let alone food, petrol. Luckily we have some savings there we can fall back on but they wont last forever and I often wonder what would have happened if we didnt have the savings.

I work part-time however cannot pick up more days as I need to have DS while DH looks for work during those days (the few interviews he has had have been last minute so we would have had no chance to find care) Literally we would have had to move in with my mum and rented our place out till we were back on our feet but what if I didnt have a mother/or we werent getting along or she didnt have the room. Truthfully we would be homeless, or we would have to sell our little town house and get what we can and start over There fore in this sense I think it should have been risen...

However I also see some people quitting work and learning to live off the ammount they are given if it is high enough. My thought is - have it higher say for the first 3 months out of work and slowly taper it down, that way the people legitamtely out of work just need help will have money to keep going till they are back on their feet and those taking advantage will find their money running down???

What do you think....oh and I dont agree with cutting the PHI payment - I think it will put way too much pressure on the public hospital system. Thats just my opinion.
    Last edited by Meld85; 01-12-2012 at 11:33.