Closed Thread
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    and for what it is worth the ORIGINAL question was about raising the LOOKING FOR WORK payment, not ftb, not pp, not bb or ppl.

the dole payment does NOT pay enough to live on by itself, fact!
    IT does NOT even pay enough to cover rent and electricity in most cases

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How do people live??? That's just nuts!

And anyone who thinks anyone with a right mind would CHOOSE to live in such poverty needs their head examined!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

intruderalert1234  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    and for what it is worth the ORIGINAL question was about raising the LOOKING FOR WORK payment, not ftb, not pp, not bb or ppl.

the dole payment does NOT pay enough to live on by itself, fact!
    IT does NOT even pay enough to cover rent and electricity in most cases
    That's why they get rent assistance too, to cover rent.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post

Rent assistance is only 140 a ftn, that's the highest you can get. Still doesn't cover, it helps but with rents so high in Australia, it's hard.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

intruderalert1234  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

yeah and WITH rent assistance I got a grand total of ... 460 dollars a fortnight ... could you HONESTLY live on 460 dollars a fortnight?
    I was lucky as rent was only 260 a fortnight, now I would be ****ed as rent alone would be 400 (minimum) electricity well say 40 that leaves a grand total of 20 dollars to eat with

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Rent assistance does not "cover" rent. It assists with it. It's inaccurate to suggest that people are living rent free while receiving a looking for work payment.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToonZie For This Useful Post:

FindMyLunch  (01-12-2012),intruderalert1234  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    uh yeah, you must know some really ****ty people,
    personally I dont know ANYONE who sits down and says hey I know I think I'll have a kid (that I must then RAISE for the next 18-25 years) JUST so I can get 1100 (generous here) a fortnight, score ladies and gentlemen I think I have found the money and a brilliant idea!

My parents lived on welfare for times in their lives and I like to believe I am a good person, my son has had his mother live on welfare at times in his life and HE is a good person,

He will be raised with a good work ethic but also that it is OKAY to ask for HELP when you NEED it and to have COMPASSION for those worse off than him.
    Yeah pretty much messed up if they think that way but yes I do know people like this, as do other son this board, heck there was even someone who knows a town where this is very common they have kids to survive.

See this is where some people are getting it wrong I dont think anyone in this thread said it wasnt ok to ask for help when you need it. Or that welfare shoudl go away all together but I guess thats all some people see and want to argue on facts that are not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    How do you know I was talking to you?

BTW I'm talking about attitude, the attitude some have towards others who are worse off than them and bringing children up with the same compassionless attitude!

If the boot fits - wear it! If not then don't!
    You were talking to everyone on this thread you dont like the views on dont try to say your not. You dont know that these people's kids wont have compassion or anything else. I know my kids do, I know the many years they went down with me to feed the homeless on thanksgiving and Christmas and had compassion for people. I am sure the kids of these people who think working is good will be fine. Not sure why some people here have to drag and attack family members but hey if its how you try to win arguments by bashing other peoples kids thats great!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

lol. my rent is $375 a week. for a TINY 3 bedder. tell me how $140 a fortnight would cover that? lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

1. The payment is disgusting and should be increased. I don't really care about the minority who take advantage- no system is perfect and every society is going to have a freeloader or two. Our concern should be with the majority of people receiving the payment whilst trying to do the right thing.

2. Australia's rates of homelessness per capita are obscene. A god portion of homeless people are families (single and two parent) who hit hard times after job losses. When looking for work payments are so low, homelessness happens quickly and easily and once it does it's even harder to do yourself out.

3. A better way for the government to save money is to axe the PHI rebate as advised by treasury rather than reduce funding to the most vulnerable.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToonZie For This Useful Post:

shelle65  (01-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    Your also teaching your kids that it's okay for a male to go and have a good rootin and a tootin and end up with a baby and that its okay for them to walk away and pay nothing towards that child at all. Great parenting. You want to take my kids for a while? I looooove your values.
    Really? You have heard me tell them that? No I haven't told them that at all.