Closed Thread
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What a horrible hypocritical mess this is;

It is extremely hard to get a job unless certain basic requirements are met, like adequate education for a start - few 'dole bludgers' have uni degrees - some are illiterate and have learning difficulties , so they in effect will be stuck in a poverty cycle for ever - either on the dole or on the lowest paying jobs.

Some do have uni degrees but are over qualified for menial tasks.

Some people are reduced to part-time hours which means they are not technically unemployed and get only limited financial assistance.

Working mothers get canned for having other people raise their children.

Some social commentators say child care is tantamount to child abuse

OSHCare places are limited so kids are often left home alone until mum and dad get home after 5

There is no OSHCare for secondary students

Latch key teen kids are at high risk of getting into trouble and also not finishing their education.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (30-11-2012),jez  (30-11-2012),trishalishous  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Really? So if it makes the parent sad to put them in day care then the government should then support the family based on this? What about school should children not have to go to school if it makes the parents sad?

We do all kinds of things that we dont like because we have to its life. We cant imply have everyone doing what they want it would be a shocking world if we did.
    But not everyone has a partner to stay home with the kids? Should your partner stick the kids in CC and work? and I'm a SAHM myself so there is no dig at being at home. It's just on one hand you say parents shouldn't stay home with their kids, they should put them in CC and suck it up, yet your partner doesn't work?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    But not everyone has a partner to stay home with the kids? Should your partner stick the kids in CC and work? and I'm a SAHM myself so there is no dig at being at home. It's just on one hand you say parents shouldn't stay home with their kids, they should put them in CC and suck it up, yet your partner doesn't work?
    Yes if we cant make it on my income he should but we are so he has the choice to stay home.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I have to admit I don't really understand the sentiment that women should be "paid" (I use that term loosely) to stay home until their kids are in school. I don't see why it's an issue to return to work earlier than that and have them in some sort of care.
    I don't know if this article has been quoted already but *this* is why its a massive issue for me to go back to work. I would take home next to nothing. And there are 1000's of women just like me.
    http://m.theage.com.au/national/moth...124-2a00y.html

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

intruderalert1234  (30-11-2012),ToonZie  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yes if we cant make it on my income he should but we are so he has the choice to stay home.
    I'm not questioning that choice, having a parent at home is a very valid choice. That's why I am. I just get confused on your logic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I'm not questioning that choice, having a parent at home is a very valid choice. That's why I am. I just get confused on your logic.
    What dont you understand I am sure I just am not explaining it well

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mummajugs28 View Post
    when we had no money we made it work - DH got a second job, I was doing cash work on the side etc.
    At least people on the dole pay taxes on their payments unlike such illegal "cash work"...

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ToonZie For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (30-11-2012),Gandalf  (30-11-2012),intruderalert1234  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you able to work and have your partner stay home but don't get any govie benefits for your children? Purely out of interest sake, i wonder how we'll do that with 2 or 3 let alone 5. It must be hard to raise 5 kids on one income.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    I'm sorry to say but if it was such great money, everyone would live on it.
    I call BS on anyone who thinks you can pay rent, put food on the table, utilities, transport and phone on $250 pw. I don't even want to get started on the suggestion that those working cash in hand, defrauding the Australian public and government of tax dollars are soooo much better than those on benefits
    Well said!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ToonZie For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lillytheo View Post
    Why do we have to work? Because we don't get one cent of assistance from the government, we pay full cost for everything, no rent assistance, no utilities assistance, no health care card, nothing, because we want to put a roof over our children's head and hopefully one day own our own home so we have something to leave our children when we die, so that we can give them the best chance at a good education & perhaps they will be in a better position when they are adults, we want to give them the best we possibly can and we understand to do that we have to work hard, pay our taxes, pay for people who bludge (and people who fall on tough times) so that once everyone else has dipped into our wages and taken their bit of our hard earned money we can have enough left over to do the best for our kids and hey hopefully we'll set a good example that hard work and persistence pays off in life and our children won't fall into the "welfare trap".

Why should Australian workers pay for the fact someone decided to have children and that a relationship didn't work out?

I also resent paying for those that keep having child after child knowing they can't support them. Lots of us don't or have a limit on the number of children we have because that is all we can support.
    Okey dokey. Sure hope your partner never passes away unlike some people I know who has had this happen to them. We should just leave them to it I guess ...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (01-12-2012)