Closed Thread
Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Prejudice against the poor/working class has been happening for too long for it to be caused by this.
    yes this is true. I just wondered if it might be an element in this current discussion.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Benji  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummajugs28 View Post
    Wow that blows my mind. I feed a family of five for $110 a week! Including junk food treats! When you need to survive you do. It doesn't matter how much you get IMO when we had no money we made it work - DH got a second job, I was doing cash work on the side etc. if DH could get two jobs (one was delivering food, the other was a desk job) how can people sit on the dole for years claiming they haven't found anything. I also claim bull****
    You did cash work on the side? Then you ought be ashamed of yourself. That is a crime and IMO far worse than any dole bludger you dare call bullsh1t on.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (01-12-2012),Boobycino  (30-11-2012),Gandalf  (30-11-2012),HarvestMoon  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    A friend was telling me a story from her client... They advertised a job in Brisbane for a parttime position. Advertiser took down the ad after less than 24 hours, they already had over 300 applicants.

There may be lots of jobs to go round in your area. It doesn't mean that's the case everywhere. You also need to remember that once you have a few qualifications and experience, they won't take you for those more entry level jobs. Mark my words by mid next year Brisbane will be full of highly qualified out of work people who can't find jobs. They'll be lying on their resume's to make them seem LESS experienced and qualified just to get a wage at all.
    One place where I work we advertised a casual place 6hrs per week - within 24 hours we had 30 applicants.

My kids school had a grad position going, they got 180 applicants

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    yes this is true. I just wondered if it might be an element in this current discussion.
    I think there is definitely an element to it. It's a very good point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Do you think perhaps some of the negativity towards those on benefits from some comes from the fact that a lot of families are struggling at the moment with rising cost of living and housing prices but they earn just that little bit too much to receive any government benefits? Mortgages are so much more than they were a generation ago. Perhaps they don't really see how much (or how little) people receive but they feel a bit disgruntled that they don't receive anything? Not that they are entitled to, its just getting more and more of a struggle these days to keep on top of bills and things. Just a thought.
    I agree with this. Lots of people comment how they don't get anything bc they earn too much but should. The thing that seems to get lost though, is if they are doing it tough on 100k, imagine what the life of a single mum on 15k is like

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (01-12-2012),MissMuppet  (30-11-2012),PlayNice  (30-11-2012),trishalishous  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I agree with this. Lots of people comment how they don't get anything bc they earn too much but should. The thing that seems to get lost though, is if they are doing it tough on 100k, imagine what the life of a single mum on 15k is like
    No I totally get that. I don't think people who earn that much feel the should get anything, just that sometimes they feel disgruntled that these days it seems like you have to earn so much to get ahead? So maybe that is where some of the negativity towards those on benefits comes from.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I have to admit I don't really understand the sentiment that women should be "paid" (I use that term loosely) to stay home until their kids are in school. I don't see why it's an issue to return to work earlier than that and have them in some sort of care.
    Because their is a child care shortage crisis, not just in places but in shortage of staff. If everyone returned to work this would make the problem so much worse and as someone who has attended many many ministers meetings and working groups on the issue I can tell you the government has no frigging idea how to fix it. Many families simply cannot get Childcare places for their child/ren and if they do then often t is not on the days that match up to vacant jobs. also the Childcare environment is not ideal for all children and some children simple do not cope.
    I think your comment is very naive and you have little understanding of the struggles of find good quality Childcare in your area on days that match available job positions. I also don't think anyone should have to leave their child in Childcare if they find it heartbreaking to do so, which many mums do.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jez For This Useful Post:

Izy  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    Because their is a child care shortage crisis, not just in places but in shortage of staff. If everyone returned to work this would make the problem so much worse and as someone who has attended many many ministers meetings and working groups on the issue I can tell you the government has no frigging idea how to fix it. Many families simply cannot get Childcare places for their child/ren and if they do then often t is not on the days that match up to vacant jobs. also the Childcare environment is not ideal for all children and some children simple do not cope.
    I think your comment is very naive and you have little understanding of the struggles of find good quality Childcare in your area on days that match available job positions. I also don't think anyone should have to leave their child in Childcare if they find it heartbreaking to do so, which many mums do.
    Really? So if it makes the parent sad to put them in day care then the government should then support the family based on this? What about school should children not have to go to school if it makes the parents sad?

We do all kinds of things that we dont like because we have to its life. We cant imply have everyone doing what they want it would be a shocking world if we did.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Really? So if it makes the parent sad to put them in day care then the government should then support the family based on this? What about school should children not have to go to school if it makes the parents sad?

We do all kinds of things that we dont like because we have to its life. We cant imply have everyone doing what they want it would be a shocking world if we did.
    School is an education daycare is NOT,
    and if a person is against the modern version of schooling they *can* home school.

I'm sorry but if you think Americas system.is so much better ( as you appear to) why don't you take him and the kids back there?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to intruderalert1234 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (01-12-2012),Gandalf  (30-11-2012),HarvestMoon  (01-12-2012),jez  (30-11-2012),Stiflers Mom  (01-12-2012),trishalishous  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

There is a difference between 'feeling sad' about leaving your child and having a 2 year old with separation anxiety scream their head off when they are left, continue to cry for the day and then as a result disrupt their behavior and sleep and in the process the mother feels like her heart is breaking and she is destroying her poor child. As I said some children do not cope in Childcare. And your point about school age children has nothing to do with my response to the PP point about her seeing nothing wrong with leaving children from around 2 years in some form of care. By school age children have matured to a different level and are able to cope with being left by their parent in much better manner.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jez For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (01-12-2012),Gandalf  (30-11-2012),intruderalert1234  (30-11-2012),MissMuppet  (30-11-2012),SoThisIsLove  (30-11-2012),Stiflers Mom  (01-12-2012),trishalishous  (30-11-2012)