Closed Thread
Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    It's the parenting payment, unless you or your partner earn to much you get it,
    My dp could earn 1100$ a fortnight and I was still entitled to $400 from centrelink as a 'psrtnered parent'

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub
    $400 a fortnight? Not enough to live on I'd say! And as I mentioned, I don't think that people should be given adequate money to stay home full time for six years. That doesn't mean I think they should receive nothing at all to supplement income they either get from working themselves or their partners income.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    $400 a fortnight? Not enough to live on I'd say! And as I mentioned, I don't think that people should be given adequate money to stay home full time for six years. That doesn't mean I think they should receive nothing at all to supplement income they either get from working themselves or their partners income.
    Uhm I never said parenting payements weren't enough to live on I said looking for work payment ALONE was not enough to live on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    Uhm I never said parenting payements weren't enough to live on I said looking for work payment ALONE was not enough to live on

I think we are at crossed wires - I didn't say you said that either (I would do the roll eyes icon but can't do it from my phone)z

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do you think perhaps some of the negativity towards those on benefits from some comes from the fact that a lot of families are struggling at the moment with rising cost of living and housing prices but they earn just that little bit too much to receive any government benefits? Mortgages are so much more than they were a generation ago. Perhaps they don't really see how much (or how little) people receive but they feel a bit disgruntled that they don't receive anything? Not that they are entitled to, its just getting more and more of a struggle these days to keep on top of bills and things. Just a thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Do you think perhaps some of the negativity towards those on benefits from some comes from the fact that a lot of families are struggling at the moment with rising cost of living and housing prices but they earn just that little bit too much to receive any government benefits? Mortgages are so much more than they were a generation ago. Perhaps they don't really see how much (or how little) people receive but they feel a bit disgruntled that they don't receive anything? Not that they are entitled to, its just getting more and more of a struggle these days to keep on top of bills and things. Just a thought.
    Absolutely clem! And well said too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    So are you saying that people that dont agree with the current system are only angry because they cant get money? If that was the case wouldnt they just quit their jobs and get on the payments themselves?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    So are you saying that people that dont agree with the current system are only angry because they cant get money? If that was the case wouldnt they just quit their jobs and get on the payments themselves?
    Pretty sure that's not what she was saying...!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Umm how on earth did you draw that bow....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Umm how on earth did you draw that bow....
    Not sure lol just seemed that might have been what you are getting at. Not what you meant no problem I apologize

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Prejudice against the poor/working class has been happening for too long for it to be caused by this.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (01-12-2012),WorkingClassMum  (30-11-2012)