Closed Thread
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by lillytheo View Post
    Return to work full time, I am currently on maternity leave (i know, don't die of shock, i would return to work despite my child not being school age !!) sell the house we've both been working for and downsize significantly. I am and have always been excellent at budgeting so I'm sure those skills will hold me in good steed & I'm sure I can get some tips from my mum on how to make it work, seeing as she raised two without support.
    Don't forget my husband is employed so I would receive some form of child support & he is a great Dad so he would want to have lots of access to his child.

Oh and whilst I was a single mummy I wouldn't be having anymore kids, I'm sure that will help.

It can be done ladies, you can be a single parent and work! I know people who have done/are doing it!! Particularly when you're kids are at school.

But I guess those with the mentality that they are entitled to be handed everything would see it as too much like hard work and require effort and will never change their minds.
    Oh what rot!

Your opinion is rather insulting and very narrow minded.

Just to let you know, I'm not a single mother. We live in a two high income household. Yet, I am fortunate enough not to have my head up my butt.

You never know what's around the corner and one day life might just make you live what you have judged .

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (30-11-2012),atomicmama  (30-11-2012),Boobycino  (30-11-2012),Ellewood  (30-11-2012),Gandalf  (30-11-2012),intruderalert1234  (30-11-2012),Izy  (30-11-2012),MissMuppet  (30-11-2012),peanutmonkey  (30-11-2012),RobinSparkles  (30-11-2012),shelle65  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    This part here especially shows me you don't know much about people's individual stories. Some on single parenting payments had the father of their children pass away. Some have been abused. Some were downright unhappy.

why should the government pay them to be able to live in a home and eat? Because we aren't like other animals. We don't let our weak and vulnerable starve to death.

Like you, I do not qualify for FTB or a health care card etc due to household income. do you know what we are? ......lucky.
    Perhaps you missed my story and the previous comments I made, perhaps you just choose to take what you want from things and ignore the rest.

I said i am happy to pay for those who have hit a rough patch, i am happy to pay until kids are school age but for long term bludgers no I'm not happy to pay and for those that despite having kids at school all day decide they cant work or study. I think in those circumstances they should be made to work for their handout. Never said leave them to starve, that's you putting your own interpretation and words into my comments.

I am the child of a single mother, but she worked and she didn't receive support because she believes you should work for what you are given.

I will be returning to work despite being considered "middle income" because we have to work for the things we need. That's how life is.

Oh and the comment about being jealous of those on welfare, thank you sooo much I needed a great laugh!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    My son is just as deserving to have a parent at home as ANY other child REGARDLESS of marital status!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub
    But sometimes its not possible, everyone has the right to live a happy healthy life but it doesnt always happen. Life happens and sometimes we have to give up something we think we deserve. I deserved to have my mom stay at home but she was single she couldn't she had to work to provide a good life for us. I am glad she did.

My birth mother had the right to stay home on welfare to raise kids and she did and, they too are all welfare moms the only child that isnt a welfare mom out of her 8 kids is me.

We have to break the cycle and I think that is what the government is trying to do. Even having the people who cant find jobs go out and do volunteer work for their pay helps the kids see the parent work and they are prob less likely to follow the welfare cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    People even questioning why we have to work blows my mind.

What's the alternative? Sit back and scrape an existence on Government benefits? What a great example to set our kids!
    Well at least you are willing to concede that it's not a life of luxury. Most other people imply that people on benefits are living it up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

So you don't think there should be any form of parenting 'payement' then?

Do you mean like PPL? Yes I think that should exist. BB? Not sure. Most other countries seem to survive ok without it, but I don't presume to know the ins and outs of the social security systems in other countries.

If you're asking if I think the Government should give payments high enough to allow parents (single or otherwise) to stay home for six years until their kid goes to school the answer is no.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Well Lilly appears to think it should not happen at all,
    I think 8 years is plenty of time,
    I think though once the youngest child is in school back to work programs should take affect, cutting $200 of someone is wrong, it should instead place a bigger focus on training etc so when the child is 8 a parent has a higher chance of a job.

Single parents ARE limited more in work hours etc because care only goes certain hours and an employee is far more likely to employ someone who can work 'whenever' over someone limited to 9.15-2.45

Another who doesn't read all comments, I clearly said when they are school age! And I never said pay nothing I said they shouldn't get an increase and should be made to work or in the case of single parents study and then work once they recieve their qualification.

Well seeing as people don't actually want to read, I'm leaving the convo to the rest of you, enjoy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Perhaps you missed my story and the previous comments I made, perhaps you just choose to take what you want from things and ignore the rest.

I said i am happy to pay for those who have hit a rough patch, i am happy to pay until kids are school age but for long term bludgers no I'm not happy to pay and for those that despite having kids at school all day decide they cant work or study. I think in those circumstances they should be made to work for their handout. Never said leave them to starve, that's you putting your own interpretation and words into my comments.

I am the child of a single mother, but she worked and she didn't receive support because she believes you should work for what you are given.

I will be returning to work despite being considered "middle income" because we have to work for the things we need. That's how life is.

Oh and the comment about being jealous of those on welfare, thank you sooo much I needed a great laugh!!!
    So do you get child care rebate?

So, what is funny about being jealous of those on welfare? You obviously believe it's a life of luxury, perhaps you should try it if it's so good?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I have to admit I don't really understand the sentiment that women should be "paid" (I use that term loosely) to stay home until their kids are in school. I don't see why it's an issue to return to work earlier than that and have them in some sort of care.
    ok so a made up scenario....

A woman is partnered with 3 young kids. The marriage breaks down, he won't pay CS. She has no proper training so would be working min wage jobs of say a grand a fortnight. It will cost her $200 a day in CC after JET runs out. She earns $100. She has no family to take the kids every day. So she decides when the eldest is 3 or 4 to study a degree to improve her wages. So she's not working.

Flash forward 3 years and the youngest is in school and she has her degree. The problem is that in her profession you are expected to work until 6pm. She still has no family. Out of school care closes at 5pm. The ex also works long hours or is not having contact with the kids so won't pick them up. So she has to leave an hour early every day. After 6 months the workplace gets jack of it and tells her they are demoting her to a lower paid, less hours position since she is not fulfilling work commitments. She now can't pay her bills and has ruined any chance of a good work reference.

This is why it isn't as easy as to say why don't you just stick them in care and work.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (30-11-2012),trishalishous  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    the problem with a lot of people's mentality is that single mum being a stay at home mum = bad. Partnered mum being a stay at home mum = great!
    I definitely don't think this! To be honest I think they should both work (unless the partnered Mum is lucky enough to be able to live off her partners income and doesn't want to work).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Benji  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Return to work full time, I am currently on maternity leave (i know, don't die of shock, i would return to work despite my child not being school age !!) sell the house we've both been working for and downsize significantly. I am and have always been excellent at budgeting so I'm sure those skills will hold me in good steed & I'm sure I can get some tips from my mum on how to make it work, seeing as she raised two without support.
    Don't forget my husband is employed so I would receive some form of child support & he is a great Dad so he would want to have lots of access to his child.

Oh and whilst I was a single mummy I wouldn't be having anymore kids, I'm sure that will help.

It can be done ladies, you can be a single parent and work! I know people who have done/are doing it!! Particularly when you're kids are at school.

But I guess those with the mentality that they are entitled to be handed everything would see it as too much like hard work and require effort and will never change their minds.
    You seem to have a one-size-fits-all approach to life. You have no idea if the complexity of people and their various situations. And certainly no compassion.

oh and way to patronise single mums.

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (30-11-2012),atomicmama  (30-11-2012),babyla  (30-11-2012),Gandalf  (30-11-2012),intruderalert1234  (30-11-2012),MissMuppet  (30-11-2012),peanutmonkey  (30-11-2012),shelle65  (30-11-2012),Stiflers Mom  (01-12-2012),trishalishous  (30-11-2012)