Closed Thread
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    This is the post I was referring to.
    I know this, and have not a clue what your post has to do with it? Your post implies you returned to work to set a good example for your children and your husband earns too much to qualify for benefits. If people on single parenting payments have a choice to stay at home and live in poverty, which was implied in the post to which I was referring, then IMO middle class partnered mums also have this choice.

I don't agree that single mums always have a choice between work or not work (poverty) - some have a long wait for access to child care, some have to work because the rent in their town is too expensive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I think you misunderstood the point. benji was saying that if it's such good money that single mums want to stay home forever, why are partnered couples on a good income struggling and the mum has to return to work? meaning that in fact SPP is crap money and if married couples are struggling on one income of 70k then single mums must really be struggling and therefore it isn't this blessed life on payments at all.
    Fair point - I did misunderstand the post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I know this, and have not a clue what your post has to do with it? Your post implies you returned to work to set a good example for your children and your husband earns too much to qualify for benefits. If people on single parenting payments have a choice to stay at home and live in poverty, which was implied in the post to which I was referring, then IMO middle class partnered mums also have this choice.

I don't agree that single mums always have a choice between work or not work (poverty) - some have a long wait for access to child care, some have to work because the rent in their town is too expensive.
    Yep I agree I misunderstood your post, sorry.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Benji  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    So how many years is this? The government lets people stay home 6 years if your partnered and 8 if single do they need more time in your opinion? If so why
    Well Lilly appears to think it should not happen at all,
    I think 8 years is plenty of time,
    I think though once the youngest child is in school back to work programs should take affect, cutting $200 of someone is wrong, it should instead place a bigger focus on training etc so when the child is 8 a parent has a higher chance of a job.

Single parents ARE limited more in work hours etc because care only goes certain hours and an employee is far more likely to employ someone who can work 'whenever' over someone limited to 9.15-2.45

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    I wonder what Lillitheo would do if her husband left her and she had no support to assist her with her kids.
    Return to work full time, I am currently on maternity leave (i know, don't die of shock, i would return to work despite my child not being school age !!) sell the house we've both been working for and downsize significantly. I am and have always been excellent at budgeting so I'm sure those skills will hold me in good steed & I'm sure I can get some tips from my mum on how to make it work, seeing as she raised two without support.
    Don't forget my husband is employed so I would receive some form of child support & he is a great Dad so he would want to have lots of access to his child.

Oh and whilst I was a single mummy I wouldn't be having anymore kids, I'm sure that will help.

It can be done ladies, you can be a single parent and work! I know people who have done/are doing it!! Particularly when you're kids are at school.

But I guess those with the mentality that they are entitled to be handed everything would see it as too much like hard work and require effort and will never change their minds.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lillytheo For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    So how many years is this? The government lets people stay home 6 years if your partnered and 8 if single do they need more time in your opinion? If so why
    I think the amount of time is fine. I was replying to someone that seems to think single parents don't deserve any money.

Thanks
    Reviews

What a depressing thread

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (30-11-2012),shelle65  (30-11-2012),soon2bmumzy  (30-11-2012),SoThisIsLove  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lillytheo View Post
    Return to work full time, I am currently on maternity leave (i know, don't die of shock, i would return to work despite my child not being school age !!) sell the house we've both been working for and downsize significantly. I am and have always been excellent at budgeting so I'm sure those skills will hold me in good steed & I'm sure I can get some tips from my mum on how to make it work, seeing as she raised two without support.
    Don't forget my husband is employed so I would receive some form of child support & he is a great Dad so he would want to have lots of access to his child.

Oh and whilst I was a single mummy I wouldn't be having anymore kids, I'm sure that will help.

It can be done ladies, you can be a single parent and work! I know people who have done/are doing it!! Particularly when you're kids are at school.

But I guess those with the mentality that they are entitled to be handed everything would see it as too much like hard work and require effort and will never change their minds.
    And if your husband didn't end up being such a 'great' father and your work made you redundant? Or you weren't on maternity leave? Or your now ex just doesn't pay his share of child support?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    Well Lilly appears to think it should not happen at all,
    I think 8 years is plenty of time,
    I think though once the youngest child is in school back to work programs should take affect, cutting $200 of someone is wrong, it should instead place a bigger focus on training etc so when the child is 8 a parent has a higher chance of a job.

Single parents ARE limited more in work hours etc because care only goes certain hours and an employee is far more likely to employ someone who can work 'whenever' over someone limited to 9.15-2.45

Ok I think we might agree but not sure, I think that the help should happen before these kids hit school and time is almost up. I think that maybe around 2 the kids should get child care and parents should have to do some form of study or work it should happen when time is almost up. If done right they wont need that $200 when the child is 6 or 8. By that time they will most likely be in full time work and supporting themselves pretty well. Of course some will have stuff happen and not make it like others but if they are really trying and just cant do it for reasons out of their control then maybe they can get an exemption and get a bit more help.

From what I see now is the government is saying your years are up and booting them off then helping them. One generation will have to do this but the next generation wont if they implement the rules. One of the generations will have to suffer but it will be better in the generations to come.

This is what happened in America they made the rules and those that were close to the 4 year for a lifetime mark were a bit hard off for a bit but now it flows smoothly for those having kids and needing assistance.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have to admit I don't really understand the sentiment that women should be "paid" (I use that term loosely) to stay home until their kids are in school. I don't see why it's an issue to return to work earlier than that and have them in some sort of care.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (30-11-2012)