Closed Thread
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    I wonder what Lillitheo would do if her husband left her and she had no support to assist her with her kids.
    lol I have argued this a lot in these type of threads over the years....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    People even questioning why we have to work blows my mind.

What's the alternative? Sit back and scrape an existence on Government benefits? What a great example to set our kids!
    Who said that? everyone is saying it's fair to expect all SAHP's to look at doing something with themselves after the youngest is in school. many are pointing out the barriers to why some struggle to make that happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    What's the rework on CC you keep mentioning?
    Making it more affordable for people who need it to work, Like the link I posted on child action you get free daycare for x amount of time and as your income increases they slowly wean you off.
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Touche no, not a lot of people are forgoing their BB, FTB and other payments bc it's costing the tax payer lol

LMF - Have you done a degree? it's really hard work, with a huge time committment, classes, placements, exams, endless assignments. You expect a single mum with tiny kids to be studying??

Should SAHP's that are partnered be studying too? since many get FTB they could be considered a burden too. Maybe parents staying home should be studying with babies? I mean they have plenty of time.... since they have so much time maybe a casual or part time job as well?
    Yes I have done a degree and will be going back to get my 4 year degree soon. I had a newborn when I started my degree. I raised the kids and did a degree was it tough yes it was but manageable lots of late nights. I also had a business I ran while going to school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by lillytheo View Post
    Why do we have to work? Because we don't get one cent of assistance from the government, we pay full cost for everything, no rent assistance, no utilities assistance, no health care card, nothing, because we want to put a roof over our children's head and hopefully one day own our own home so we have something to leave our children when we die, so that we can give them the best chance at a good education & perhaps they will be in a better position when they are adults, we want to give them the best we possibly can and we understand to do that we have to work hard, pay our taxes, pay for people who bludge (and people who fall on tough times) so that once everyone else has dipped into our wages and taken their bit of our hard earned money we can have enough left over to do the best for our kids and hey hopefully we'll set a good example that hard work and persistence pays off in life and our children won't fall into the "welfare trap".

Why should Australian workers pay for the fact someone decided to have children and that a relationship didn't work out?

I also resent paying for those that keep having child after child knowing they can't support them. Lots of us don't or have a limit on the number of children we have because that is all we can support.
    I sure hope you never end up a single parent and need assistance. Do you really think that all single parents had children, expecting that they would end up single and claiming parenting payments? In the case of the majority, NO!

Your tax money goes into funding a hell of a lot more than centrelink payments. You know those roads that you travel on? They're paid for by tax dollars. You know that school your children attend (or will), tax dollars paid for a fair chunk of it (even private schools get government funding). You know the playground that you take your kids to? Most likely paid for by tax dollars.... The list is endless, so don't you dare start ranting about your hard earned tax dollars paying for single parent families to live. EVERYONE benefits from paid taxes every single day, the difference is, most of the single mums are grateful for the assistance that they receive.

...and no, I'm not a single parent, I just think that all families should have the right to put food on their tables and all families should have the right to be able to stay home during the most important years of their children's lives.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (30-11-2012),intruderalert1234  (30-11-2012),peanutmonkey  (30-11-2012),SoThisIsLove  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post

if a single mum can stay at home, why would a middle class partnered mum 'have' to return to work? I don't understand?
    This is the post I was referring to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by lillytheo View Post
    Why do we have to work? Because we don't get one cent of assistance from the government, we pay full cost for everything, no rent assistance, no utilities assistance, no health care card, nothing, because we want to put a roof over our children's head and hopefully one day own our own home so we have something to leave our children when we die, so that we can give them the best chance at a good education & perhaps they will be in a better position when they are adults, we want to give them the best we possibly can and we understand to do that we have to work hard, pay our taxes, pay for people who bludge (and people who fall on tough times) so that once everyone else has dipped into our wages and taken their bit of our hard earned money we can have enough left over to do the best for our kids and hey hopefully we'll set a good example that hard work and persistence pays off in life and our children won't fall into the "welfare trap".

Why should Australian workers pay for the fact someone decided to have children and that a relationship didn't work out?

I also resent paying for those that keep having child after child knowing they can't support them. Lots of us don't or have a limit on the number of children we have because that is all we can support.
    So you don't get child care rebate?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I sure hope you never end up a single parent and need assistance. Do you really think that all single parents had children, expecting that they would end up single and claiming parenting payments? In the case of the majority, NO!

Your tax money goes into funding a hell of a lot more than centrelink payments. You know those roads that you travel on? They're paid for by tax dollars. You know that school your children attend (or will), tax dollars paid for a fair chunk of it (even private schools get government funding). You know the playground that you take your kids to? Most likely paid for by tax dollars.... The list is endless, so don't you dare start ranting about your hard earned tax dollars paying for single parent families to live. EVERYONE benefits from paid taxes every single day, the difference is, most of the single mums are grateful for the assistance that they receive.

...and no, I'm not a single parent, I just think that all families should have the right to put food on their tables and all families should have the right to be able to stay home during the most important years of their children's lives.
    So how many years is this? The government lets people stay home 6 years if your partnered and 8 if single do they need more time in your opinion? If so why

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Who said that? everyone is saying it's fair to expect all SAHP's to look at doing something with themselves after the youngest is in school. many are pointing out the barriers to why some struggle to make that happen.
    Benji

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    This is the post I was referring to.
    I think you misunderstood the point. benji was saying that if it's such good money that single mums want to stay home forever, why are partnered couples on a good income struggling and the mum has to return to work? meaning that in fact SPP is crap money and if married couples are struggling on one income of 70k then single mums must really be struggling and therefore it isn't this blessed life on payments at all.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Benji  (30-11-2012),Gandalf  (30-11-2012),shelle65  (30-11-2012),Stiflers Mom  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

..: